honeslty why!?!?!?

Anlushac11 said:
Did you ever see the Ford Aztec concept car? It was another study on a possible production sports car. The motor would have been a 3.0L DOHC SHO motor making 300+ hp. Not too shabby for a V6.

And the Ford GT is well known for its looks. There are plenty of people who recognize the Ford GT but could not tell you what engine was in it. What made the Ford GT so noteable was the millions of dollars spent in designing and testing the car before it ever raced. Ford spent as much on the GT program as some companies spent on aircraft projects.

if the Ford GT didnt win LeMans then i will garauntee you that this car would not be going into production again. and millions of dollars on a car program isnt as much as you think. nowadays companys spend hundred of millions, sometimes close to a billion dollars to make cars.

• Sponsors (?)

the 2.3 is a good motor and yes more 2.3's were made than V8's its basically what saved the mustang. Its a good motor. Slow yes but hard to kill. The rest of the car goes bad before the motor does. lol
As for V8 gas mileage my 5.0 5 spd convertible 89 GT managed 28mpg on the highway with 87 octane... not bad...

If you think your 2.3 is slow, why not turbo swap it, or get a 302?

Anyway, any one know why Ford stopped making the 2.3 in 94? I personally think they made a few prototypes with the 2.3 in the SN95 Body, but it was too slugish, so they decided to bring back the 3.8, but I know thats not the truth.

2.3 didnt really die into around 2000-2002 somewhere in there I think....

It lived on as a 2.3 and a 2.5 in the rangers but wasnt really enough motor to move the heavier SN95's... hell my 2.3 would keep up with auto 95-98 3.8's! Sad!

To this day Ford still builds that 2.3 motor, unless they quit very recently. The block is an updated casting, however, and no longer compatible with the earlier version. I fix the stuff for this company that builds steel and wood pole structures, and they just got a brand new Genie scissor-lift with a tray that pulls out of the thing and has a Ford 2.3 installed on it, I recognized it at once even though it was all-new parts. This one was something like a 50hp industrial version :puke:

Ford No longer builds the old 2.3.
It is no the new Duratec 2.3. However I believe it is in its 1st or 2nd year for that. But the 2.3 was around for a very very long time!
What 74 to 02??? thats a pretty long while for an engine to be around!

I have an '87 GT, but I thought I would chime in. I have been lurking around in here abit lately beacuse I am thinking of getting an '87-'93 4 cylinder. I have no plans on ever getting rid of my 5.0 , but I have been wanting a second car for awhile. A few weeks ago I drove a friends '93 2.3 and ended up liking it quite abit. I don't race my 5.0 and don't really have anything but exhaust mods. I have been more into restoring all of the little nickle and dime parts that wear out to put it back as close to factory as possible. I am interested in the 2.3 just beacuse it IS a Mustang! So many people forget that there are alot of people that could care less about doing an 11 second 1/4 mile and just enjoy owning and driving a mustang everyday. I love the fox body mustang and would like to own one with the 2.3 to go with my 5.0. I hate when other 5.0 owners rag on the 2.3 guys I think they are missing the whole point of the mustang hobby.