Hood insulation??

04GreyGtUSAF

Dec 10, 2007
KS
Just wondering if it is okay to take this off? :shrug:

I have read in some forums it is okay but just wanted your opinion, thanks!

Upper right hand corner you can see what the previous owner did to it. I think he was trying to figure out something about the hood scoop not quite sure.

John

• Sponsors (?)

from what i hear it cooks the paint. then starts to fade faster than normal....i could be wrong though.

I've heard this many many times. However, I know a bunch of people that have had theirs off forever, I've had mine off for several months now, and haven't seen any problems on mine or theirs. There's also a ton of people driving around with aftermarket hoods and no blankets on those and don't have any problems.

i took mine off on my old 2000 and because of the lack of the "scoop" i started having misfire probelms because of water leaking in through the mount holes.

just my .02
01's and up might not have as big of an issue with that, though.

I am the exception to the others.

I took mine off and the area that the pushpins are located (when it was off) resulted in my paint bubbling in those areas.

I guess the Texas heat + long running times that my car sees often results in it.

I've been running without a liner for two years...ever since I snapped 4 ribs on a 6 rib belt and it sheered a hole right through the pony haha.... :rlaugh: I cut the grounding strap corner out and put that on the hood though, better safe than sorry on a faulty ground :)

I took mine off 3 years ago.... no paint issue what so ever.

If you live in cali you kinda need that stupid insulation off because its gets REALLY hot with all the stop and go driving.

That is not insulation it acts as a fire blanket. When a fire breaks out under the hood the plastic push pins melt and the blanket falls on the engine in hopes of snuffing or controlling the fire. It is flame resistant, try to burn it.

I took mine off a year ago and no problems. I wana take it off the Termi cause its shot, but pops is "if Ford put it their it serves a purpose" Dads such a n00b :nonono:
New ones are only $85 :shrug: