Hood pins? Should I do it?

knsbball

Aug 21, 2003
What do you guys think? I photoshopped this picture to see how they would look on the red fire...I am not sure opinions?

.jpg

Attachments

• .jpg
    .jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 201
  • Sponsors (?)

I love hood pins. But I dont think they look good on a stock mustang. I think with a good aftermarket hood and maybe some good wheels and other dress up parts they look great.

I dont know if you are looking at hoods or anything, they get pricey. But IMO they just seem out of place on an already sort of boring stock 05 hood.

Redhero said:
I love hood pins. But I dont think they look good on a stock mustang. I think with a good aftermarket hood and maybe some good wheels and other dress up parts they look great.

I dont know if you are looking at hoods or anything, they get pricey. But IMO they just seem out of place on an already sort of boring stock 05 hood.

I agree with this for the most part, but I think the "boring" hood actually makes the pins look better. I have seen SN95s with pins and I think it makes the hood look to crowded, but that is just my opinion. I think the pins would definately look better with an aftermarket hood, and that is exactly what I am doing. I should be getting my hood/pins on in a couple weeks :flag: .

gp001 said:
I've always felt adding hood pins where they are not needed is sort of, for lack of a better term, ricey.

Just MY opinion, YOMV

I agree with this to an extent. Technically it is ricey, but I think it does fit the retro theme of the Mustang. I am getting a fiberglass hood though, so I will be needing some to keep it from flying up, lol.

knsbball, you should try finding someone else with hood pins to get a better idea since the angle of the pins in the photoshopped pic is all wrong. They would look like that if you were looking at it from above more, when looking head-on they would look more flush with the car, if that makes any sense.

Would you get functional hood pins or would you be getting the fake glue on ones? If you're getting the real ones and spend a lot of time driving at above highway speeds then I'd say go for it, then they're there for a reason and not "rice".

Power4 said:
Would you get functional hood pins or would you be getting the fake glue on ones? If you're getting the real ones and spend a lot of time driving at above highway speeds then I'd say go for it, then they're there for a reason and not "rice".

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: Ya, cuz those Ford lock mechanisms AND latches fail all the time.