How Much For A Cage?

fawcett

Sep 10, 2003
Cohasset, Ma
My daily driver is dead, it was wrapped around a tree. If I had a passanger they would have suffered some serious leg injuries to say the least. The dash was moved all the way back to the seat from the impact. I dont remember how fast I was going but it was under 50mph(35-45). Looking at what happened I am so scared and I feel so lucky that I never had something bad happen to me in my Mustang. I have taken it to speeds over 160mph on a few occasions.

I need a cage in my Mustang, how much will it cost me? I want popout/swingout bars and a bar that starts shoulder high on the b-pillar and follows the seats lines to the a pillar around knee high. If my description sucks let me know so that I can give it another shot.

I never knew how much a car would give in an accident, now after this experience I know that at the speeds I have taken my car I would surely be dead-and then I couldnt race anymore. SO to keep me racing and living I need a cage-sorry to keep repeating myself but I have to. I am so happy to be alive.

I have a message for everyone out there:
IF YOU ARE GOING TO MESS AROUND AND DO STUPID STUFF WITH YOUR CAR (no matter how fun it is) DO NOT DO IT WITH ANYONE ELSE. CHANCES ARE THAT IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE YOUR PASSANGER WILL BE MORE MESSED UP THAN YOU AND YOU WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH THAT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.
IF YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE CHANCES, TAKE THEM WITH YOUR OWN LIFE, NEVER ANYONE ELSES.
-fawcett

• Sponsors (?)

I hear ya on the cage and the messing around with only your life on the line...

For me I got only a 4-point cage so it would encompass my son in the back seat and give a little more rollover protection.

For a 6-point it depends on how serious you want to get. You can get 6-point without swingout bars for less than $400 and you bolt it in all the way up to thousands...

Most days I am mad that I didn't spring the extra few $'s for a 6-point for that same reason... Now I am a large guy and I don't think the swing out door bars will make a huge difference for you since you will get used to it quickly, your passengers on the other hand...

mricci, thanks for the heads up in Ma. What town/city is that in? I heard there was a Wolf Craft Racing Chasis shop around here (or it sounded something like that). I am interested in a 6pt cage like yours. Could you emphasize how much more difficult it is to get in and out of the car and how much it may suck for a daily driver (my car is a nice day only ride now thank god)

Yeah guys, think about it before you mess around again. Make sure its a good spot not just some random place you've never been before.

I wish I could have smartened up before my accident, it sucks that it took this to get me to start thinking twice.

-fawcett

when i go home this weekend i can get all the info for the cage my car had, the receipt is at home. here are some pics from a while ago. I know a few people who have cages from there and they are all very happy with them. I dont have any pics of the through the floor subframe connectors. The car was a vert so i think it would be harder to get in and out of if it was a coupe. http://community.webshots.com/album/252676026sJlXPs