how much hp with maf

crazystang25

Jan 25, 2009
just wonderin how much hp if any a 90 mm maf will give me, i need a new one any way so i was just gonna upgrade. im still tryin to learn about all the electronics with some vehicles. good with rest of car electronics just kill me.

• Sponsors (?)

well like i said i am tryin to get a blower sometime soon just depends on money, and as far as injectors go prolly like 42# injectors for now. and i can get one for a descent price and i cant stand buyin somethin then upgradin it a couple months later.

It will gain 1-2HP if your lucky. It has nothing to do with tuning or anything of that nature....its physically bigger than your stock one and will flow the air your engine needs to breathe easier....even if your not at the MAX flow of your stock one. Also even if there are other restrictions that are worse....it will still help a small amount. It may actually equal to 0.X HP, depending on what you have done...but it will not hurt power.
Good upgrade thats ONLY worth it if your going with forced induction later....and personally I would look into the SCT BA2800 MAF if your going to upgrade for forced induction. L MAF pegs too easy.

you will lose power going with a bigger MAF. The stock one isn't pegged till over 300rwhp.

As Oxford stated, it is not a power maker, but supports your car. Don't change it until you get a blower, or you will hurt your performance.

ya well like i said i just dont want to buy it again. but if yall insist ill just wait, perhaps i can find a stock one somewhere for real cheap. do yall know anyone gettin rid of a stock one.

i dont think they make the 2800 anymore.
i believe it is the 2600 and the 3000 IIRC.
my 3000 is seeing 1015 counts already. i should have just bought a mafia for my LMAF

Yea your right....I actually have the new design 2600 on my car :doh:

You can buy a mafia NOW....it works just fine with the BA MAFs. The range is incredible....just need a good tuner to do it.

How many #s per min are you seeing @ 1015 AD counts?