How much is my car worth?

I'm thinking about selling my car within the next year, I have an idea of how much I think its worth, but I think the best people to ask are yal. I checked ebaymotors and autotrader, but couldn't really get any help from cars that had already been sold. Every restored car is different, so its hard to tell. Check out my cardomain for plenty of pictures and details: www.cardomain.com/id/streetstang67

Basically, its a '67 coupe, with a 289. Car was restored over a couple year period about 3 years ago, since then I've only driven it about 3,500 miles.

Thanks for your help!

- I may have needed to post this in the classified forum, not sure.

• Sponsors (?)

I second that those rims gotta go, they just don't look right IMO.
Otherwise I like the car, and I think that you may be able to for that price or maybe even a tad higher. when I was shopping around for 67 stang i was looking at paying 13-15 k for a really nice gt 350 clone but some cars did go up higher, but then again i really didn't know anything about mustangs. Now i appreciate the work that other people put into their cars, especially cause i got into it myself.

Id say somewhere around $8500

Thats about right..........It sucks but thats all even nice Coupe will bring :bang:

This sounds low for a newer restoration. If it was an older resto, or if the car was a really nice driver I might agree with $8500.

It should get at least $10k.

I've been seeing some ridiculous asking prices for Mustangs at shows around here. I don't know which of the following reasons it is:
-People not serious about selling, just wanting attention
-People watching too much BJ coverage
-There's more of a market with all the retirees down here and the cars actually sell at ridiculous prices.
:shrug:

Good luck....

My car has just 900 mi. Just debugged

What's it look like?

What was the starting bid on the auction? Sounds like you started it low and just had a bunch of cheapskates bidding low hoping to get a good deal.
Did any of the bidders actually come by to look at the car?

If his '67 is as nice as it looks in the pics, I say a $10,000 asking price isn't absurd.
If it was at one of the many classic car dealers down here, they'd be asking $13,000-$15,000.

Besides, say you're right; there's still no harm in asking for $10,000 and seeing where the offers top out at. But if you're wrong and he asks $8,500 when he could've got $10,000, he loses more money than he would have.

These are two classic car dealers in Clearwater, Fl.

Check out the '66 coupe 8 cars down:
http://www.goldenclassics.com/cgi/display.cgi?make=FORD

Then this '67 Hardtop:
http://www.pjsautoworld.com/1960cars/1967fordmustanggt350-.html
IMO, THAT is a $8,000 car. All the mods are tasteless, and the looks of the car make me want to puke. But it looks like a solid driver.

Yes, these prices are ridiculous. And I don't know what the cars will actually sell for, or how long they'll sit on the lots. But it puts it into perspective that $10,000 for a restored original V8 '67-'68 should be about right.

Actually I was asking $14k..willing to take a loss at $12k. Here are a couple of it....

Attachments

• en 002.jpg
    en 002.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 129
  • new 004.jpg
    new 004.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 121
Like I said before when I was in the market for a 67 coupe they were hovering at around 13-15k for decently restored cars. Really nice ones were about 15-16, then again it was in California.
The really crappy ones (with rust, that was simply painted over, not aligned doors) went for 9k-10k

But from what I have noticed form other people who are looking into mustangs down here, they want original cars that they can restore themselves, so they're not in the market for already restored cars. :shrug:
My 2 cents.

Actually I was asking $14k..willing to take a loss at $12k. Here are a couple of it....

damn...
I think you definately had a lot of bargain hunters bidding on your car. I'd think your car could easily get $14k, but for that money amount you'd probably have serious buyers stopping by to see the car before bidding.

Was the 5.0 rebuilt?

People don't pay for other peoples mods. They usually want to do their own, with their own vision, rather than pay for someone elses.

I think you have a better chance of getting 14k for a perfectly restored stock coupe. I have not seen coupe go for this kind of money, but I haven't been watching very closely lately. In this day and age of Barret-Jackson, who knows what stuff goes for.

I think the biggest thing is the fact that it is a Coupe...everyone has Fastback fever. But I still thought it would sell mostly because you can just barely touch a good solid builder FB for this price. Infact I have found a fair 67 FB body locally and IF I can get it I am going to strip this car and put it ALL on the FB just to recover my $$.