How much would you offer for this 97 Cobra?

jgressley2003

Founding Member
Sep 21, 2002
Indiana
Okay I need all of your guys' help here. I found a 97 Mustang Cobra that is totaled and has a salvage title. I'm planning to fix the car up to drive. The dealer is asking 3500 for the car now and it's going to take roughly 3000 to fix the car. Seeing as it has 84K miles I think that is high. I was thinking 2500 would be fair to offer. What do you all think?

• Sponsors (?)

jgressley2003 said:
Okay I need all of your guys' help here. I found a 97 Mustang Cobra that is totaled and has a salvage title. I'm planning to fix the car up to drive. The dealer is asking 3500 for the car now and it's going to take roughly 3000 to fix the car. Seeing as it has 84K miles I think that is high. I was thinking 2500 would be fair to offer. What do you all think?

I think you should drive out to Long Island and give me 10,500 for my near mint 97 with 66k miles :)

But other then that unless you can do the work yourself I would probably stay away from a salvage.

Svtpilot said:
I think you should drive out to Long Island and give me 10,500 for my near mint 97 with 66k miles :)

But other then that unless you can do the work yourself I would probably stay away from a salvage.

I am doing the work by myself. I'm trying to learn to be a good body man and give me good experience with hard wrecked cars. I would give you 10.5 for your car, but I'm also purchasing a 65 Mustang and also a 97 or newer F150 truck within the next few months so my funds will be limited.