how to replace front valence/chin spoiler?

Discussion in '2007 - 2014 Shelby GT500 Tech' started by palacekeeper, Aug 10, 2008.

1. palacekeeper

palacekeeper New Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    I damaged my front valence last night by pulling up too close to a curb. :mad:

I did a little research, and they are not too expensive to replace, apparently (around $85 at the dealer).

My question is - has anyone else replaced one yet, and if so, what is involved in replacing it?

Underneath, there are regular screws, and also the smaller pin-type with some sort of lock washer above. From looking at it, I can't see how I can get my hands in there to where the two center screws are located, but I may be overcomplicating things.

Any tips? How do those little pin-type screws come out and go back in?

Thanks!

2. bigcat

bigcat start with the upper hole, and if more traction is

most likely a style of clip like this that just unscrews.

[​IMG]

3. palacekeeper

palacekeeper New Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Yes, that looks like the ones. So, if I unscrew them from underneath, will the back part stay in place? I can't get to the top of it to hold it.

4. bigcat

bigcat start with the upper hole, and if more traction is

you unscrew it a bit, then the entire clip pulls out. you can completely unscrew it too, but it is not necessary.

5. PSYKOSTEVO

PSYKOSTEVO Banned

I had one fitted to my GT and just lost it last Thursday in a rainstorm. I was able to turn around and pick it up sorta scuffed though.

When you go to put it back on start off by putting in the top screws in the wheelwell first to hang it properly. it will hold it mostly in place for you.

And for those that wonder if they create downforce, obviously enough downforce underwater to rip the whole thing off. I had the car so submerged that I could hear the exhaust bubbling like a motor boat.