How to upgrade exhaust?

squire

Sep 23, 2004
Kansas City
I bought an '04 Cobra two weeks ago and I want to upgrade the exhaust. I've seen all of the threads about the different types and everyone has their opinions. However, I know absolutely nothing about cars. Does anyone have advice for me as far as what sort of place to visit to have a system installed? The dealer? Should I purchase online and take the system somewhere local to install in order to save money? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

squire said:
I bought an '04 Cobra two weeks ago and I want to upgrade the exhaust. I've seen all of the threads about the different types and everyone has their opinions. However, I know absolutely nothing about cars. Does anyone have advice for me as far as what sort of place to visit to have a system installed? The dealer? Should I purchase online and take the system somewhere local to install in order to save money? Thanks!

I just bought my 04 Cobra about 1 month ago. I just got my exhaust put on. I don't know what state your in, but what I did was buy a cat back system, like flowmaster(I like the sound), and go to your local muffler shop and have them install it. My neighbor works at a muffler shop so I got a total custom exhaust with no cats. 2 1/2 all the way back from the headers, then a 3 inch tail pipe. It looks and sounds awsome. I would suggest the 3 chamber flowmasters cause they quiet down in high gear! I got the 2 chamber by mistake, so its louder and does not quiet up at all, but it still sounds mean!!! Verry throaty, not like a wet towel. I've heard some others but I like the flowmasters the best!!!!!!Hope this helps... :nice:

squire said:
I'm leaning very hard toward purchasing Option G (Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back) here:

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/03cobradynotune.htm#1

Is $1030 a good price? Thanks.

That is the setup I thought I wanted, but now im not sure. The magnaflows are starting to look better, and if Flomaster could get any quality then i might look there too. Price doesnt seem to be a 'deal' for that system though.