I got my hinges!

• Sponsors (?)

Eos said:
I won some hinges on ebay! Yay! First auction ever!:D
I assume "Door" hinges?

If you put them on let me know how it goes... I have bad door sag and have not tried to tackle it yet!

You can see how mine sag here:
IMG_6707.jpg

Good luck!

Chad

OMG! You're car is f'ing beautiful! What color red is that??? And as for your question, I think we'll have the mechanic do it. My dad said we could probably do it but he didn't think I could assist in holding up the door lol

Eos said:
OMG! You're car is f'ing beautiful! What color red is that??? And as for your question, I think we'll have the mechanic do it. My dad said we could probably do it but he didn't think I could assist in holding up the door lol

Weenie!! :p

J/K :jester:

Congrats on the new hinges :nice:

Eos said:
Yep like Ford_Motorheads said, it is "Ford bright Red" Not sure if that is it's technical name... But sounds good :)

Well let me know how yours come out and I may try to tackle mine sometime soon! Very hard to close that passengers side door!

Also thank you for the nice comment on my car! It has taken a lot of busted knuckles and cussing to get it to this point! I would say I still have about $5000 and 3 years left to go on it though!

Chad

Glad you got your hinges! How long before you get your car back?

I hate to leave my II overnight anywhere. It stresses me out and I end up driving by the shop at night to make sure it's okay. Am I the only freak who does that?

Folly77,
When I took mine to get it inspected, they told me it would be 2 hrs. They pulled it into a bay and I just sat outside the garage the entire time (Within my view)!!! But really most of that was because the engine had less than 10 miles on it and I did not want them hot-rodding it around!

Chad

Addicted_2_II said:
Folly77,
When I took mine to get it inspected, they told me it would be 2 hrs. They pulled it into a bay and I just sat outside the garage the entire time (Within my view)!!!

If I had your car I wouldn't have gotten out of it. They would have had to inspect it with me sitting inside. It's gorgeous!

And you say you still have 3 years and $5,000 left to go before it's done? Uh-oh. That means I must have something like $20,000 and 15 years to go on mine. :(

Folly77 said:
If I had your car I wouldn't have gotten out of it. They would have had to inspect it with me sitting inside. It's gorgeous!

And you say you still have 3 years and $5,000 left to go before it's done? Uh-oh. That means I must have something like $20,000 and 15 years to go on mine. :(
No way Denice... Yours looks nearly perfect!

I just ordered nearly $1800 in parts for mine over the last few days... Talk about winter project :)

The last major item I need to find is new Front Seats! Passenger seat is not too bad but the Drivers is shot! Rear sears are nearly perfect!

I have decided not to put any more $$$ into the engine this winter... I will just spend my time on the brakes, suspension, Wheels, Tires and Rear-end! My goal (Besides making it look good) is to break into 13 seconds in the quarter mile! Best run so far was 14.44 at 98mph. Traction was really my biggest issue so that is where I am going to focus this winter!

I am also pulling the engine to work on the engine bay. Last year I just a quick once over on it to make it respectable! I hope to do a much more through job this year!

Chad

Folly77 said:
Glad you got your hinges! How long before you get your car back?

I hate to leave my II overnight anywhere. It stresses me out and I end up driving by the shop at night to make sure it's okay. Am I the only freak who does that?
I will not take mine to a shop. Matter of fact it still needs aligned,and she is not going to get it unless I am there. PERIOD !!

Addicted_2_II said:
No way Denice... Yours looks nearly perfect!

Thanks Chad but she's far from perfect! She just photographs well. :) The car needs body work, new carpet, wheel bearings, the motor has a miss, marker light doesn't work, bumper trim needs to be fixed, engine needs detailing...the list goes on and on.

Now I'm depressed. haha

hm. Looking at this list it seems I probably shouldn't have spent all my money on wheels. I need to rethink my priorities. :D

Sounds to me like you guys need to be more selective about what shop you choose. I have never worked in, nor would I,a shop that would tolerate the abuse of a customer's car.

I have, however repaired some cars that were damaged by employees of such shops, and you might be surprised to know that not once was it an independent shop. I guess having to earn your reputation and customer base means a little more to independents than it does at the dealership level.

I haven't had my car long so I'm still trying to find a shop I like and trust. I was impressed with the place that did my wheels and they are a full service independent shop so I may go back there. There were two other classic Mustangs besides mine being worked on so that was kind of an endorsement. Plus the owner called a couple of times to update me.

I agree, you don't usually get that kind of service or peace of mind from a dealer or chain-type place.

Now, when I left the Mustang overnight at the pinstriper's I checked on it. That guy was a flake. But he was the only one I could find around here who did that sort of work.