I may be the minority, but...

2nd Mustang

Founding Member
Feb 24, 2002
Southern California
Yes, it's the 2005 Mustang thing again. As many may know, I'm not particularly impressed with the design of the new 2005 Stang. I'm seeing a "few" more 05 Stangs on the road, and yes, some still sitting on the new car lots. Gee, what would that tell you? I talked to a parts counter guy at a Ford dealer last week while buying my son a Christmas gift and even he said the car disappointed him when it changed from the original concept designs.

I drove side by side with a 2005 Stang the other night in my 67 on the freeway and looked at him but he wouldn't look back. I wonder if the owners of original 1940 Ford coupes get the same response from PT Cruiser drivers?

• Sponsors (?)

I think you are thinking too much! :)

I also remember when Ford told us it was going to go FWD and be on the Probe platform. Everybody was all wound up that it would kill the Mustang, and now ten years later we are picking at the styling on a car that runs 13.5 out of the box.

It's a crazy world sometimes....

Just wait until the next re-design with a coming gas crunch. The return of the Mustang II and 4 cyl engines!! Maybe they will re-release the Pinto, too!! :rlaugh:

IMO, they did pretty good with the new ones, better than the 79-93 Fox and the 93-97 round thingey.

Also, you will always have people that turn their nose up at older cars, they are loud, inefficient fuel hogs, they rattle and most are in various stages of repair driven by high school kids. But there are some people out there that really do love them (the old cars). The guy you saw was obviously full of himself and was trying too hard to look cool.

And Steve McQueen likes 'em. :D

yeah, you are part of the minority. I like it. Alot better then the 99+. No silly fake airdams, way better sitting position. Great interior quality. When I drove one it had no rattles or squeeks. Compared the many 99+ stangs I drove. With 6 miles on odometer, no car should shake and twist like mine.
Mustang sales are up, while just about the whole division is down, except trucks.
The dealer next to my house is down to one GT, and they can't get any more until late Jan.
Alot of dealers are about the same, they are going too fast.
You remind me of the 2005 stang forums here. why is there thread after thread about people not liking it? It's not like alot of people are doing that. It's just the same few, over and over again.