I need new axle's????

Not on my 94, on my 98 cobra, I bought 4:10's a few days ago, the rear end was humming pretty bad, I got the cover off gears looked great, perfect wear pattern, the planetary gear was a little sloppy, the carrier bearing was shot, my trac loc clutches were toast, pulled the axles and the drivers side wasnt too bad, but the passenger side had a DEEP groove where the bearings go, and the bearings were shot. So long story short I need a passenger side axle. Anybody have there stock axles laying around? I will upgrade but not right now, I have too much going on to upgrade at this time.

• Sponsors (?)

Depending on how deep the groove is you might be able to use an offset bearing. Check with a local shop that does differential work on a regular basis. They should stock these and/or give you a part number. I'm using such a bearing on my driver's side axle. A lot cheaper than an axle. It's been there for the past 4 years without a problem.

Well had no choice but to buy new axle's, so I ended up upgrading the whole rear end, I got mosier 31 spline's and an auburn 31 spline trac loc. The stock trac loc was destroyed, the clutches were gone, and the planetary gears were toast. I got all my parts for cost so it ended up being cheaper than the ford stock stuff. So at least the rear end will be all new.
This is why I hate buying these type of cars from people I dont know, I bought this car about 8 month's ago, It runs fine, but the clutch went out already, and now the rear end. The old owner put in a new clutch about a year ago (according to paperwork), but when I got this thing out it was toast, whoever did the work should be shot, the clutch was dragging, wasnt put in right, and overall just poorly done. Thank god everything else was stock and unmolested.

A word to the wise if you dont know how to do it correctly dont do it at all...

Black summit has a great deal going on right now for ring and pinion's, I got 4.10's all synthetic oil, bearings, gaskets, and a trick flow diff cover for $410.
I got the axles and trac loc from curry, (Doug Curry is a good family friend) it all cost me $349. so i'm into the rear for about $775.
I just priced out this stuff at retail cost, they want $625.00 for the auburn, $259.00 for the axles, and $410 for the ring and pinion kit. That's almost $1300. Damn I got a deal. I had my 94 rear rebuilt a few years back, Curry did it for me then for $750, but I have no idea what he put into it. Hell I dont even know what gears they put in, he just told me I would be very happy, and so far I am.
Curry is very expensive by the way, but they do awesome work.

I know the bearing your talking about, however when I say it's shot, I mean its Flat, one side has a flat spot about the size of half a penny. There is a company near me that does flame spraying (I think thats what they call it), but they want $100 to fix it, it was more cost effective to just get new or used ones.

Flame spraying is a process where they spray molten metal onto a part to rebuild it, kind of like a cam. I have seen it done on quite a few military vehicles, I just didnt want to do that.

Depending on how deep the groove is you might be able to use an offset bearing. Check with a local shop that does differential work on a regular basis. They should stock these and/or give you a part number. I'm using such a bearing on my driver's side axle. A lot cheaper than an axle. It's been there for the past 4 years without a problem.