I REALLY COULD USE SOME HELP PLEASE!

Fivepointo92gt

Jan 8, 2010
I have a couple of questions that I thought maybe you guys could help me out with. I want around 400rwhp and I'd like to know if these mods will get me there. It will mainly be a fun weekend street driven car.

Kenne Bell 2.1L with Blowzilla supercharger 8-9psi
Trick Flow Twisted Wedges heads or AFR 165 or 185's (I heard the Trick Flow heads have clearance issues with the Kenne Bell so if you could give me some more insight in that I'd appreciate it)
1.6 Rocker arms
Custom Cam or Trick Flow stage 1 cam (whichever you think would be best)
GT-40 lower intake manifold
BBK 1 5/8" long tube headers with BBK H-pipe
75mm Accufab throttle body
BBK cold air intake
80mm PMAS mass air sensor
42lb injectors
255lph Walbro fuel pump
and of course a good tune

Now my next question is should I worry about my bottom end with the stock pistons and rods, they're already forged but with the Kenne Bell it will be a lot harder on them. If i should get aftermarket pistons and rods would the Keith Black pistons and Eagle rods hold up for me? I really appreciate any input from anyone.

• Sponsors (?)

That setup will put you well over you 400 mark. Good forged internals are always a good idea. With that said how many miles and how your bottom end has been taken care of will be the deciding factor on how it will last. A stock short block will take 500 with a good tune and keeping the heavy abuse to a minimum. 8# is pretty mild so if your engine is well maintained you should be fine.

Yeah that setup will net you 400 rwhp easy. The key is to not detonate!!!! Have plenty of fuel supply and your fine. I say your stock bottom end will be fine, as long as you dont go bumping up the timing and swapping smaller pullies...lol