i think i may be in big trouble soon. engine clicking

i baby my car beyond no means... but it's always fighting me. here's the summary of my troubles. i have an autometer oil pressure gauge and last time i changed my oil the tube broke off, so i uninstalled it and pluged the hole i had it installed in by the oil filter. no big deal. so i order a new tube kit and install it. also no problem. aparently i'm an idiot though becuase i didn't have the extra tube out of the way and secured well enough. it ended up touching my exhaust while i was driving and unknown to me for a few miles i was just spitting oil. i went about 8 miles before i noticed smoke from the burning oil. i added back the oil i burnt/leaked out (only drove for 15 minutes or so) but i can not get a consistant reading on my dipstick. i thought the level was good though.

here's the problem. i drove the car pretty hard one night only for a few seconds but i was in second gear on a windy road for maybe 30 or 45 seconds so the rpm's were 3000-5500 around these turns. now... i have a slight clicking sound that is rpm related coiming from the engine. i havn't gotten on the car hard since i heard this but it seems like all the power is still there. (i did a full oil change now to make sure the car level is good). would it be a bent valve or maybe some piston/cam problem? i really don't know but i'm angry and i don't want to send a piston through my hood.

sorry it's a long rant but please help me out if you have any ideas

• Sponsors (?)

IBTL, you double posted the forums. That is why there is "tech" and "talk" here

Your concern seems more tech related, so just post a single thread in one forum in stead of multiple 4.6 forums. Good luck with your concerns. I'd bet you are just leaking oil. If your car is stock, I don't think yo u did much damage, but the possibility is there. Pull the plugs/wires, run a compression test/check the condition of the oil. Start with the basics.