I think I screwed up.

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
Indiana
Hey guys, I've got this 91 gt 347 stroker. I've had it for awhile now and I wanted to get more performance. It was recommended to port and polish the intake and exhaust ports on my tfs heads. We found out a lot of porting places use an abrasive material to do it, like gritty sand and flow it thru the head port. So I got with my friend that works at shop and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand. He wanted to suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it to the intake runners and out the ehxaust runners so it would port the exhaust ports as well.

I was worried that it might cause problems but he said it'd be OK as long as we didn't suck to much in at once. After running the car and letting it suck in sand we got about half way through a 25 lb bag. The check engine light was on and the engine was bucking and kicking and sounding really weird. We stopped took off the sand supply and hooked the car back up normal. We tried to start it again and it was really hard. Once started it couldn't idle and kept making weird noises. We took it out and drove it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises.
Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only has Hondas so he doesn't know much about modded stangs. Im worried I messed up my motor.

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

5.0Droptop said:
Hey guys, I've got this 91 gt 347 stroker. I've had it for awhile now and I wanted to get more performance. It was recommended to port and polish the intake and exhaust ports on my tfs heads. We found out a lot of porting places use an abrasive material to do it, like gritty sand and flow it thru the head port. So I got with my friend that works at shop and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand. He wanted to suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it to the intake runners and out the ehxaust runners so it would port the exhaust ports as well.

I was worried that it might cause problems but he said it'd be OK as long as we didn't suck to much in at once. After running the car and letting it suck in sand we got about half way through a 25 lb bag. The check engine light was on and the engine was bucking and kicking and sounding really weird. We stopped took off the sand supply and hooked the car back up normal. We tried to start it again and it was really hard. Once started it couldn't idle and kept making weird noises. We took it out and drove it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises.
Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only has Hondas so he doesn't know much about modded stangs. Im worried I messed up my motor.

I refuse to respond to such shenanigans...oh wait, CRAP! But really, whats the joke here? :D

We thought this is how they did it...any suggestions? Do you thin I could flush it out with water?

ok if ur the least bit serious.....nm u cant be i wont even input on this.....i dont think any1 in the world...the whole wide frickin world would come up with such a crazy ass theory off porting....the joke has gone too far...:nonono:

The answers you are getting, are because Nobody here (myself included) can believe you did something this stupid.
If, in fact you did, you need to immediately stop what you are doing and pull your engine, take it to a shop and have it rebuilt.
NeveryNEVER EVER suck sand into a running engine.
To port your heads, take them to a head shop, with a flow bench.
That is where you stand.
Next time,,ask first
Right now shoot your buddy

oK ok do you guys really think i would do this?

i read something like this over on indycarz and thought it would be fun to post it here.

Relax my car is fine LOL..........

1badsuv said:
Man am I glad
Just don't do that anymore, cause yeah I believed you after you said c'mon I'm serious
At that point I quit laughing and said this guy needs a new hobby

LOL :rlaugh: :lol:

Reactions: 1 user
1badsuv said:
The answers you are getting, are because Nobody here (myself included) can believe you did something this stupid.
If, in fact you did, you need to immediately stop what you are doing and pull your engine, take it to a shop and have it rebuilt.
NeveryNEVER EVER suck sand into a running engine.
To port your heads, take them to a head shop, with a flow bench.
That is where you stand.
Next time,,ask first
Right now shoot your buddy
:lol: :lol: