I will be in san diego next week

hungrymonkey

White by Birth, Trash By Choice
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Oregon.
I am taking my family on vacation next week to so cal.

we will spend a few days in disney land then head south to see her grandfather.

anyone interested in a beer while I am down there?

• Sponsors (?)

Bringing your Mustang? There's a cruise in every Thursday evening at 5 p.m. at Giovani's Italian Restaurant on Harbor Blvd. and Imperial Hwy next to the Best Buy in Fullerton, several miles north of Disneyland. It's not as popular as previous years, but still attracts some nice rides. Have a good time!

Free advice..............Watch out for Chippys driving between 2 moving vehicles with no light flashing, drive at least 15 mph over the posted speed limit, have plenty of gas to allow for double backing because of the one way streets in San Diego, have a good time because it's only money. Memories last a lifetime.

Ozsum2 said:
Free advice..............Watch out for Chippys driving between 2 moving vehicles with no light flashing, drive at least 15 mph over the posted speed limit, have plenty of gas to allow for double backing because of the one way streets in San Diego, have a good time because it's only money. Memories last a lifetime.

San Diego was actually a pleasure to drive through for the short time I lived there. New York on the other hand...I was just passing through and wanted to kill every other driver on the freeway. How the hell do you have that much traffic and only 2 lanes per direction?!

Here in Atlanta isn't much of a pleasure sometimes either.

Disneyland is a blast, San Diego is a blast. Most beautiful City on the left coast IMO. Enjoy! (Side note, I never ever want to live there again. :D)

we are heading to disneyland on saturday and will probably stop somewhere between sacramento and LA for a night.

then we will head to SD sometime around tuesday or weds. we will head back on the 6th of sep.

driving in SD wasnt to bad. It was allot better than europe. the last time I was there I never had to bump anyones car to get into a lane. just used my turn signal.

we will be staying in the escondido area

hungrymonkey said:
we are heading to disneyland on saturday and will probably stop somewhere between sacramento and LA for a night.

then we will head to SD sometime around tuesday or weds. we will head back on the 6th of sep.

driving in SD wasnt to bad. It was allot better than europe. the last time I was there I never had to bump anyones car to get into a lane. just used my turn signal.

we will be staying in the escondido area

I actually got lost in a parking lot down by Hornblower Cruises. There was a 1 way in, and I couldn't find my way out because of a sliding gate that wasn't marked.

according to yahoo maps its a little over 400 miles. which would roughly be 5 hours or so of driving.

depending on the flow of traffic.

the speed limit in cali is 75 now isnt it? I was on a training deployment a few years ago to the sacramento area. It took me about 6 hours to drive to sac airport from my house in Oregon. That was doing a decent speed though.

although it took me 18 hours to get from sac to Oregon. (snow).

oh well, I will drive until I am sick of driving. which is usually about five minutes...

slept at a couple of the rest area's on I-5 last year when I drove up from NM. I sincerely doubt my wife would be up for that though :D

rest stops are scary....lol. The drive isnt that bad but the coast is a much better drive from a scenic standpoint. If your in a hurry to get to so-cal then by all means take I-5, if not then I would probably shoot over to 101. I wouldnt drive slower than 80 on 1-5 unless your in the slow lane ;).

it was fun.

my wife had a laprochole (sp?) a couple days before we left. so she wasnt fully up to doing disney land.

I am disney'd out for the next couple of years. California adventure was pretty cool. Its more adult oreientated.