Idle Help, I know, but different...

tjh566

May 22, 2004
Northern Va
Ok, I Adjusted the ISC neutral Idle airflow to what my car puts out.

Heres what I did:

I warmed up the car, Disconnected the spout, disconnected the ISC, set the throttle body to where the screw touched then one more full turn as per EEC analzyers instructions, data logged from around 675 to 2000, very very slowly, averaged my numbers at the points for the Neutral Idle airflow, plugged those numbers into the formula for the units for the tb stuff, plugged into the function.
My TPS is set at .925v as per tweecer interface.

Heres the problem:

I set my idle to 744, it gets down to thier eventually, but still surges, and my timing is still jumping around like crazy.

Now im not sure what the ISC duty cycle % is suppose to read but in tweecer it said like ".500"

Whats the next step in fixing my idle, my supercharger and the idle just dont wanna get along, ive had problems with the idle since day one of that charger.

• Sponsors (?)

A tuner that is setup correctly will take some of the lope out as the computer works with it better so things smooth out.

From one of my first datalogs I noticed the timing jumping around, I asked on the forums and everyone said it was normal and not to freak out that the only way it will be stable is to pull the spout and that takes the eec out of the eq.

I think my idle is like 850.

A tuner that is setup correctly will take some of the lope out as the computer works with it better so things smooth out.

From one of my first datalogs I noticed the timing jumping around, I asked on the forums and everyone said it was normal and not to freak out that the only way it will be stable is to pull the spout and that takes the eec out of the eq.

I think my idle is like 850.
i cant get a stable idle at anything less than 850.

i cant get a stable idle at anything less than 850.

I'm just about the same with my combo :D

My lsa is pretty low and that really makes a difference IMHO ;)

Here is a tip I learned the hard way :bang: :rlaugh:

Maybe :shrug: It can help someone :)

When I was starting to learn things about how the pcm used so much
stuff at and around idle and cruise, I spent a good deal of time tuning
with an idle speed of 800 rpm.

I was reading through some very old posts on the old EEC Tuner site
when most peeps were just learning about the 94-95 PCM's. I saw
some info about h/c/i Stangs would be much more stable at a higher
rpm as opposed to a lower rpm. I bumped up to 900 and saw much
more improvement. As my knowledge increased about inj timing, idle
air flow values, inj breakpoints, etc, etc, etc, I was able to fine tune
things a bit better and found I could go down to a bit lower than 800
at idle but the lope is too radical down that low IMHO.

Grady