I'm back, and turbo'd!

Asha'man

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2002
Denver
Hey y'all, it's been a while since I've been on SN. School and work and the car and way too many other boards, etc. Anyway, I finally got my car turboswapped. Went from this:

513839_141_full.jpg

To this:

513839_161_full.jpg

...over Thanksgiving break plus a couple days. Nothing went catastropically wrong, and once I get a cat on it (within the next day or three) I should be ready to tentatively daily drive it and finish the break-in. At 14ish psi, it feels good - not that anything could really feel bad compared to the 20-second monster that it used to be. ;)

For those who don't know or don't recall, it's all inside this:

513839_123_full.jpg

I think I need to change my sig.

Brian

• Sponsors (?)

Stinger said:
Nice IC Tubing!!!!!!!!

;)

Ya like it? I got it from some dude in Kansas. BTW it looks sweet in "crushed silver" powdercoat. :nice: See if you can have your benders put the tube seam on the underside when they bend the tubing in the future - it'll look a lot better. :)

Red_LX said:
You gonna be at WFC this year?

I hope so, but my buddies were talking about doing the SVO reunion this year instead of WFC, so we'll have to see. I'm hoping for WFC, myself.

tealtiger93 said:
Sweet. I said it before and I'll say it now. Everytime I consider saving for a V8 someone swaps and makes me want the turbo. And I thank you all for that. Looks great by the way, and the Bullitts look great.
HaHa, what's next on the list?

I hear ya. Sometimes the resolve fails, but someone always does something to reinvigorate ya. ;) Next on the list is A) welding a new hatch striker in place of my rusted-out one, B) a good tune once the motor's broken in, C) C/C plates and possibly a bumpsteer kit, D) fixing my sticky driver's side lock cylinder, E)....well it never stops LOL. :lol:

Brian

looks good man, isnt it nice when things just work? I like th bullitt wheels on that car, looks sharp. I bet the turbo people are gonna outnumber the NA people if this keeps up.

Oh, btw the IC tubing looks real nice.. :D

Dr.

Meh, it's not that big a deal. I didn't even cut down my stock upper rad hose to fit the Exploder radiator, so it's a little bulgier than it could be. Contact is pretty minimal.

Brian

Yeah, the contact with the upper hose won't hurt anything. there are actually 3 different styles of 2.3 upper radiator hoses so it's nearly impossible to get one to clear all 3 styles...I think the older turbo hoses that come straight up off the thermostat will clear though.

that is one clean looking fox and I love the bullit wheels I was looking for someone with a pic of those on the LX, now I definitely know what rims to get. Good job man keep up the good work. Gives me inspiration for my own LX that is begging for a turbo.