Install Procedures For C&L Perf Cold Air

cldaughtry

Jan 24, 2007
Vista, CA
Does anyone have the installation procedures for the C&L Performance cold air kit for an '05 GT? Now, I am mechanically inclined and can probably figure it out, but I'd prefer to have it in writing. I received my kit yesterday and they came with nothing. Any help??? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Its pretty straight forward, remove the old air box and intake tube. Install the shield for the new filter with the old bolt. Remove the MAF from the stock housing and install it in the C&L, make sure you get the air flow in the right direction, fool proof, only goes in one way. Connect the hose to the C&L by the throttle body the same way it was connected to the stock piece. Only takes about 20 to 30 min to install. Plug in the tuner and follow the promps on the sceen, make sure you do not have anything pulling power when you install the tune. You will be impressed with the results, I installed the 91 tune and its great.

found this with a quick search

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/05/05CPR/index.php

You have to watch out if you have the Racer. The MAF will still only go in one way, but you can mount the cast alum. section backwards. So just make sure the arrow on the sensor is pointing toward the throttle body.

Thanks for the info. I installed it Saturday morning and the mother is a beast...Wow is the least I can say about it. The power is off the hook and across the whole RPM range. I love it. Next is racing springs.:nice: