insurance for show car

94Blue302GT

Oct 20, 2003
Chicago
I don't know if we have anyone in the insurance biz or something, but my stang is about to get insured again, and i was wondering if they will do a show car or under 5000 miles kinda deal for my car. I hear you can insure that kinda stuff for dirt cheap.
My car is gonna be summer weekend and track duty only. Just wondering what ins. would be for that. I live in Lansing, IL 60438 if that helps anyone out. The online stuff for ins. doesnt' really have options for this kinda thing anywhere that i've seen.

• Sponsors (?)

Matt: Yeah, I live in Lansing, went to Illiana Christian though. Used to live in lynwood over by Ted Baran Furniture. I'm about to build a house in Cedar Lake, which is scary cuz it's my first house (currently live with the parents, but getting married in april).
1Bad89coupe: Is that mercury insurance available around here or is that just a local deal? That's the kinda thing i'm looking for though. Under 500 a year would be AWESOME!!! I already pay about 1200 a year for my explorer, but that's mainly due to my record. Totalled 2 stangs, whiped out a bike, and a half dozen or so speeding. I"ve grown up now that i'm getting married though, and my stang is going to be pretty barebones and will only be for weekends and all. I guess they have good reason to drop your rates when ya get married.

FWIW...I went an had mine appraised and insured for the "appraised" value...my policy actually went down...go figure..That was Liberty Mutual Ins...I recently swapped to Allstate and insuring the appraised value was another issue...the appraisel was for 30.5K..

Most of the cheap rate, I mean way cheap, show/collector car ones won't cover a 94...Its to young...That was suggested by my agent but found we couldn't go that way...They ended up insuring it for the ADP value that was in my appraisel, around 25k for a total loss...I didn't have much choice...30.5K would have been better...:Damnit:

I only do 3k or less a year for milage....it didn't mean jack to them..

You may be chit out of luck???...They, Allstate really didn't have a means to insure what I wanted...I had to take what they could offer..The super low rates cover from 70 on down or so...
I wouldn't tell them it's for drag racing...they'll prolly shy away from that for sure....If you find something out there post it up...I'd be interested for sure...

Part of the appraisel...
appraisel.jpg

I'm not sure if it's local or not, I don't think it is.....I was paying 220 a month for my truck alone on my mom's policy before so I was shocked, and I also have 2 tickets on my record, and I don't have the highest coverage either it's only like 10/20 but I got into an accident the day after starting with mercury and they took care of me.

That's why I did mine...An insurance adjuster seen it asked asked me if it was done...Said I'd take a big loss if it was totaled..

This guy drove to my car and charged 115.00?? or less....Cheap money...A friend who own's some classic cars and passed the name on...Any body shop should be able to recommend one...
I got 2 bound folders, one for me, the other for insurance co... with pic's and couple pages of write-up..about 12 pages all together...Nice professional pgk...

Too lazy to read the other replies right now but @ the last Fun Ford Weekend there was another guy in the show telling me to get the show car insurance on mine. He had it, he was allowed 4k miles, and wasn't covered for rush hour times, and was allowed a certian # of out of town trips to various shows. Seemed a little too constricting for me to consider even though my car's now only driven a few short miles a week.

Hmm, my buddies insurance was really willing to work with him. They put his '99 F150 in the 3000 miles or less insurance, and the '70 Torino as his daily. Needless to say, he doesn't pay squat for insurance. I may just call up his agent and see what kinda deal he's got.