Intake manifold spacer??

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by FordStang, Dec 10, 2003.

1. FordStang

FordStang Founding Member

Well yesterday the UPS guy dropped off my eldebrock performer heads and i have the eldebrock 5.0 intake i bought but i chosed the studed mounted rockers, so that means different valve covers which i wanted nice valve covers anyways but is there someone who makes in intake so i DONT have to use a 1n intake spacer??? :shrug: because with the spacer i beleive the factory hood wont close either......And i dont think its a good thing to have an intake spacer.? im guessing it more restricted now. :shrug:

2. 94Blue302GT

94Blue302GT Member

Not necessarily more restricted. Actually, longer runners means more torque in most cases. To check for hood clearance, just try it all out and find out. do a dry run when you change your oil or something and find out. I bet the stock shock member will need to be replaced or modified or removed though.

3. FordStang

Try it all out?! u think im rich im not going to just be buying parts see if they fit ect and then if they dont buy other ones? Thats why i was Posting this thread to get answers :rolleyes:

4. DJHA90

DJHA90 Member

I put on a Performer intake with q 1/2 inch spacer. It barely fits and puts a dent in the hood liner, but the hood closes OK. Don't think a 1" spacer would fit.

5. FordStang

Do u have Stud mounted rockers causing to have big valve cover???