Intake manifold swap.....

Shinlee

Feb 10, 2006
hey, i wondered if i had an intake manifold off of an 87-89 2.3 if i could do a direct swap onto a 92 2.3 dual plug?

basically the upper intake manifold is easier to port to 65mm, which i need since i am going to be doing a 65 mm TB conversion, plus it just seems like it has a better flow than the dual plug intake manifold from 90-93.

but what do i know, any opinions/answers are always appreiciated, and also asking because, since the dual plug engine did put more power out, wondered if the intake manifold on it was a better choice....

peace

• Sponsors (?)

that works nicely, thanks.

figured while i was at the junkyard tomorrow looking for a ranger header, i'd pick one up if it would be a better part.

btw i know a 95 ranger header is the one i need, but what year makes can i look for, so i have a broader range to look at?

bigger TB + intake manifold ( upper and lower ) that are both ported out to 65mm, will make some gain compared to the stock one, not alot, but still some.

Shinlee said:
bigger TB + intake manifold ( upper and lower ) that are both ported out to 65mm, will make some gain compared to the stock one, not alot, but still some.

You gotta show me how to port the lower intake to 65mm. Please include pics.

As far as I know the only significant gain you'll have is an extra throttle body lying in the garage.

TB size

Actually...your stock TB will outflow a fully ported upper and lower intake. Somebody did a test on this a while back, but I think it was posted on TF. If I could only remember where I ran across that testing at...

haha, how about a before and after dyno test? or at least a before and after run at the track. Heck, I would be surprised if you saw more than a 2% difference from both the TB and ported intakes. :lol: