Interested in a PMS

Green Machine

Founding Member
Sep 22, 2001
Lakeland Florida
From reading the sticky's it looks like the PMS is a good thing to have for our
94-95 PCM's, especially for those that are Tweecer challenged.

I was considering have a chip burned for my current mod's, but I want to upgrade to a CHP 347ci long block, which will definitly need a good tune to make it run good.

A few questions to run by you.

1. Can I adjust the A/F settings on the fly ? I put down 271/305 with the A/F = 13.8 I think there are some more hp to be found in my combo till I can get the 347 installed.
2. Can I adjust the timing ? Currently have 12*, again I think there more hp to be found.
3. I have some surging probably due to the C&L MAF, but could I adjust that up to say 800-900 rpms ?
4. Is Anderson Ford the best place to purchase etc?
5. Is the PMS easy to use ?

Thanks, Dewman:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Yes to all your questions. You can change timing and fuel as you are driving or have someone drive while you make changes. It is as simple at +/- fuel percentage or timing degrees. Fixing the Idle Surge shouldn't be a problem with the PMS. I would go through AFM if possible, but there are plenty of dealers out there. I have some start-up tunes on my site as well.

Troy

Greemachine, i def am not tryin to steal ur thread, but i two am interested in the pms, but i heard that u cant make adjustments lower than 2000 rpms and up. And i would def like to make some adjustments to the idle. Can the PMS modify our cars idling characteristics?

milehighstang said:
Greemachine, i def am not tryin to steal ur thread, but i two am interested in the pms, but i heard that u cant make adjustments lower than 2000 rpms and up. And i would def like to make some adjustments to the idle. Can the PMS modify our cars idling characteristics?

Yes. Just go to andersonfordmotorsport.com and look at the manual. The PMS can tune the car just as well as a tweecer or any other form. :nice: