Is ebay the way to sell?

xoxbxfx

Founding Member
May 9, 2001
Southlake, TX
Well, I have 2 69's Im looking to sell to pay off some debt... Im looking for the best way to sell them. I know its winter time and its probably not the best time to sell but I think its the fastest and there would be a good chance I get some money for them.

The mach 1 was in the progress of a full rotisserie resto. It runs but has a electrical leak somewhere...something is draining the battery. The paint still needs to be clear coated and the hood blacked out. I have all the parts (I believe) to finish the car including new wheels (no tire). The interior needs to be finished (gauges are not in) but have them along with the dashpad. Everything is freshly done including upholstery, motor...

The fastback is a project. I origionally listed it on Vintage Mustang and have a few people interested but if they back out, Id still like to sell it. Its a 69fastback shell with a ton of parts to go with it. The whole roof was replaced and the shell has all the bodywork done. One door is 1/2 skinned and it needs pans. It will have a front disc setup, power steering setup and a 8.8 disc rear for it. Other than that..it needs everything.

Is ebay the best way to go and is now the time?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I have 2 69's Im looking to sell to pay off some debt... Im looking for the best way to sell them. I know its winter time and its probably not the best time to sell but I think its the fastest and there would be a good chance I get some money for them.

The mach 1 was in the progress of a full rotisserie resto. It runs but has a electrical leak somewhere...something is draining the battery. The paint still needs to be clear coated and the hood blacked out. I have all the parts (I believe) to finish the car including new wheels (no tire). The interior needs to be finished (gauges are not in) but have them along with the dashpad. Everything is freshly done including upholstery, motor...

The fastback is a project. I origionally listed it on Vintage Mustang and have a few people interested but if they back out, Id still like to sell it. Its a 69fastback shell with a ton of parts to go with it. The whole roof was replaced and the shell has all the bodywork done. One door is 1/2 skinned and it needs pans. It will have a front disc setup, power steering setup and a 8.8 disc rear for it. Other than that..it needs everything.

Is ebay the best way to go and is now the time?

I would say ebay is the best way to go if the cars were finished.

I'm constantly amazed at the price I get for parts on ebay. I've never sold a car on there, but I do sell parts occasionally and they always get more than I thought. I think the key is to take NICE pics, be very descriptive and above all else, be honest. I've seen parts the equal of what I'm selling go for much less because of crappy pictures and a three word description.

I have sold five cars on eBay, and i have been pleased with the results. You just need to make sure to do it the right way. PM me if you want some help.

got a few people interested in the fastback... I think I scare most of the people away from the Mach because of what Im looking to get. Thing is, I have seen the same cars on ebay last summer/spring for over $32k :nice:

I will hit you up pretty soon..I think Im going to go ahead and list the mach on ebay. Its a numbers matching Candy apple red 351w, 4 spd car... Not way to many of them left around. I know its not a 429 or CJ motor..but its still a nice car and origional.

I have been happy buying and selling on ebay. Be honest and expect alot of goofballs to ask questions. It also helps when you follow through with sending photos of the car. Or at least sending a second email explaining why you couldn't. This is the last I heard from you.

Larry...

Im in Southlake, just Northeast of Fort Worth. I will try and send you
some
pictures of the car later today.

Tim
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 12:50 PM
Subject: 69 Mustang for sale

> I am interested. What part of Tx. are you in. I am
> just north of Dallas. Can you send photos.
>
> Thanks Larry
>

I thought you had sold the car. I haven't heard anymore since Dec. 19.

Larry