It keeps getting better

Thanks for all the replies when I have time tomorrow I will test the volts. Since the motor isn't stock if it is the fuel pump would I be better off getting a bigger fuel pump. I didnt know if the motor being a stroker motor and bigger injectors would burn up a stock fuel pump.

• Sponsors (?)

If it stops raining here I will get to it. But with the car being on the street in the rain it's a little difficult to fix. Im hoping for tomorrow. It would also help if I had the funds to buy new parts.

Found out from my stepdad that he is getting a new car next month and he is giving me his car to drive so we can turn this car into a strip car. His car is a beater car but it will get me around town:nice:

I had a similar problem twice, 6 months apart. Fuel pump would not prime. 1st time, 7:00 in the morning, took the 67 to work. Car started on first try when i got home. Just in case, i bought a new relay and kept it in the armrest.

6 months later, it happened again. Installed the new relay, still no prime/start. I was able to turn the pump on by using a paper clip to jump KAPWR (Wire 1, black/orange) and FPM (Wire 19, pink/black). Once home from work, I was ready to finally troubleshoot this problem. Everything worked fine, with both relays.

I'm very interested in what happens with your car as I still haven't solved mine. The problem hasn't repeated since April.

It appears my problem was not the pump, pump wiring, or inertia switch since the pump cut on with power to wire 19. That leaves the only possible cause as no 12V on VPWR or wire 22 not grounding out. I'm leaning toward the ECU ground (wire 22) since the engine ran fine after jumping the relay (VPWR provides 12V for the injectors and MAF). I have a Multimeter and wiring diagram in the car for next time...lol.

Didn't see it posted, but this diagram should help you out.

http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/images/91-93_5.0_EEC_Wiring_Diagram.gif

Hope your problem gets solved.

Ok I looked under the hood for the relay since the car is a 91 and all i saw was a tangle mess of wires and nothing that looked like it had 4 wires going into it

I never noticed it but when I turn the key to start the car after the normal amount of time the fuel pump would have primed I hear a click from the back of the car. Does that mean that it is getting power and the pump is shot.

Also when I was under the hood I fould by the firewal on the drivers side there is a big tube that says vac that isn't hooked up. What does that go to and is it a problem if it isn't hooked up.

I will post pics in a few hours when I get home. Thanks

Yes, that's most likely it. Sorry I didnt suggest it earlier but you may want to look into buying a repair manual if you're gonna mess with these cars, comes in very handy.

yes there is a difference. No the bigger pump will not change mpg at all. It just flows more fuel. Any unused fuel is bypassed directly to the tank.