It Never Ends

khal101

Founding Member
Aug 25, 2002
Richmond, VA
Here I am going to the airport to see my mom off since she moved to London today and on the way I hear some kind of grinding noise when I stop at a stop light. I was trying to pull over but some dumb @$$ jeep rode next to me on the right and the median was on the left. I called my dad only to find out that her plane was already boarding so I didnt see her off. :( At least I saw her the night before. Anyway as I'm leaving the airport I hear the noise and feel something vibrate on my car. I look and see that my temp gauge is almost near H and my alternator isnt charging and I dont have any power steering. I'm thinking the belt broke but I dont know what the grinding was. I pull over finally and pop my hood and there is my belt all in one piece right where its supposed to be. HMMMM. Once it cooled off I started checking my pulleys and find that my crank pulley is moving up and down. :notnice: I call Robbie robbo 2.3 and we take the belt off and my crank pulley comes right off. After looking at it, its BROKEN on the back where the half moon goes in. The half moon doesnt fit back onto the crank and after 4 trips to advance we get the washers on it and get it to tighten up so the pulley stopped moving and I drive home.

The reason this is in tech is: Why wouldnt the half moon fit in the crank now and is the pulley for a 93 just wrong for an 86 TC since I wanted a serp system on the car. I thought the pulley was tight on the build. What do you guys think?

It just about makes me wanna part the car out again. (See the post (I Surrender") I just cant win. The good news is that I got to ride in a turbo stang again and its pretty nice. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I dont know but hey projects are susposed to have problems so youcan fix them they why they call it a project.

IMO anyway

I say keep at it till you think its just fine for you then leave it the hell alone.

but someone will say it can be better but like me I dont plan on building something increadable just something to show the lil kids around town that my car performs better than they will ever see in there ****box with a huge muffler.

its called an index key. It should fit, took a little tapping with a small hammer to get mine to slide in. Make sure there are no burr's or anything that would hinder it slidding in.

The crank pully should be fine, most people swap to the serpentine setup.