It's alive...It's ALIVE....the 408 runs!! Short video inside.

So I got the fuel system all finished up on Saturday...tried to get it running saturday but it wouldn't go. Took a while to figure it out, but the engine was getting WAYYYY too much fuel and not enough air.

I probly screwed around with the engine for like 5 or 6 hours trying to get it run. All it would do was fart and pop but it wouldn't stay running. After doing that, it wouldn't fart or pop again for at least an hour because the engine was getting flooded I guess. So I tried turning my regulator down to around 20 psi. It worked a LITTLE better, but it still would just fart and pop and not work again for a while. Next I tried disconnecting the fuel pump relay under the seat. This time when I turned it over the engine almost ran just on the gas that was in the cylinders and the rails. What finally got it to run was tightening the idle screw on the throttle body so more air got in to the engine.

Took some doing but it's finally running. Still need to do alot of stuff to get it ready for the road, but at least I know it works.

ANYHOW...here's the video. It doesn't idle worth a **** til it's warmed up. I had it idling earlier around 1500 and it's pretty lumpy. Still gotta get the fuel pressure and timing worked out and that should smooth it out. Right now it just has a base tune on it from the local Mustang place and it's running open headers for now, which is why it's so loud. Hope to have it on the road in the next couple of weeks.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8eb6a8fc-bade-4dc3-a83c-99120015260c.htm

• Sponsors (?)

Took it for a little ride around the block today. Some lady pushing her baby around in a stroller yelled at me to slow down, even though I was going 30km/h in a 50 zone :lol:

Anyway...it's quite a beast to drive...definately needs to get on the dyno. And it's definately gonna take some getting used to with that spec stage 3 clutch...It's like 1/8-1/4" pedal travel from disengaged to completely engaged. :eek:

car3bd5.jpg

There it is after the little ride around the block.

Spec clutches are the the best, I have about 30000 miles on my stage two and it still grabs just as good when it had 2000 miles on it. Although the pedal feel is weird on my car, its very stiff.

It's a custom grind. I can't remember the duration etc, but the lift is around .540". I'll try and get another vid soon of it actually idling. It sounds pretty mean when it's idling around 900-1000. I'm quite surprised how nasty it sounds considering the lift on the cam. According to the guy who did the cam, it should make peak power around 5800 RPM.

I should have a full exhaust system on it in a couple of weeks. I just have to wait for my dumps to get here. Just ordered them today.