It's running again!

bluevenom867

I will have images of molesting stuffed animals in
Dec 15, 2003
St.Petersburg,FL
After along time and lots of frustration,I got everything in and running over the past 3 days.Anyhow,started right up first time,good oil pressure,everything went nice,ran it for bout 10 mins let it cool all the way back down,then back up to temp again.

Tomorrow the exhaust will be getting put on (broke it in initialy with open pipes,lol it sounded sorta like a funny car :rolleyes: ) and then its getting cruise on the street to load the engine to really get everything set-in well.

Im so exicted! :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Oh,and for refrance...motor specs:

427 Windsor,ported TFS R head,big solid roller cam,Super Victor w/ BG 1050 race demon rs,and 2" Kooks headers.Power adder is a NOS fogger and plate,currently on a timer,but will be going to progessive (not planed on use for awhile,lol).

PM me if you want more detailed specs.

90mustangGT said:
Awesome, let us know what it puts down and runs!

I certainly will Jason,and ill get video when I can ;)

Vristang,the aero oil worked good to let you know,it was Aeroshell W100 (50 SAE) Ashless Dispersant.I also was running the vacuum pump with 1 shim in the regulator with should have pulled about 5"Hg of vacuum.

Started right up (once i turned the dizzy around to get timing set),no odd noises,no smoke, nothing other than 8 open pipes that rattled my ear muffs (I can handle the sound,but to much of a good thing ruins it :D )

Update:

I got the exhaust on today,tryed out the Dynomax Ultra Flows in the oval case.

3.5" center inlet/outlet

I have yet to get the turn downs on as I want to add some extension tubing (not super easy finding the 3.5" stuff),but it sounded very nice.

Will be getting the drag radials mounted so its good to go for the street,and pretty much just finishing up minor little things,like mounting the seats and modifing the window net.

Wheelies bar will be going on at some point.

Another update:

Will be going to the track soon,we have decied to change our front coil-over springs from 175lbs to 130lbs to help with wiegth transfer more.I will also be playing around adjsuting the shock settings and a new travel limiter I'll be installing soon.

I need to figuer out what to do about an air clearner,its looking like the hood might be getting a hole in it....

But,I did get one seat belt hooked up (went to black belts from blue) and also the trans break.It stalled it up higher than I thought,by alot...I was figuering around 4700rpm,it was more like 5300rpms @ 2/3 throttle :eek: But that good,cause I was actualy gunna send the conveter back to have it loosened,glad I didnt.

Im also suprised at how well it can idle,in gear it has no problems @ 1000rpm's.It also seems to have very strong low-end torque as well....punched it off idel in 2nd gear (C4,thats a 1.46 ratio w/ 3.90 rears) and it left rubber for 200ft :D

also tore up the drag radials....:nonono: