Jet Performance Chip

My mileage is about 22-23 on the hwy and 15-17 in town..My computer average is about 21 overall so I am happy with that.This has pretty much remained the same since I installed the Jet module.Not a big performance enhancer, but definately better throttle response

• Sponsors (?)

98StangRidah said:
I meant custom tune, not tuning device. But none the less, even then your points will remain. However, I don't know these computers, but let's say your engine blows while you have your jet chip in it. You take the chip out, and bring it to the dealer. Doesn't the computer show what was going on, and could that show that a different tune was running? :shrug:
Either way, I would not buy that Jet chip as I believe it's not worth $200. If warranty is a concern, I would save my two hundred dollars, and invest it in a tune when the warranty runs out.
I used to drive an Audi A-6 2.7T, and I remember some owners who chipped their cars would buy a separate "computer module"; chip one of them, and put the unchipped module back in every time they took it in for warranty work.

Is that viable in the stang?

98StangRidah said:
I meant custom tune, not tuning device. But none the less, even then your points will remain. However, I don't know these computers, but let's say your engine blows while you have your jet chip in it. You take the chip out, and bring it to the dealer. Doesn't the computer show what was going on, and could that show that a different tune was running? :shrug:
Either way, I would not buy that Jet chip as I believe it's not worth $200. If warranty is a concern, I would save my two hundred dollars, and invest it in a tune when the warranty runs out.

I'm not sure exactly what it would show. For one I don't know what all the computer records other than rpm. The chip modifies the signal coming from the sensors to your car so yes I suppose the sensor readings would be different than what Ford would expect if it records them all. But I think it's unlikely that I will blow my engine. I don't drag race. This is my daily driver, and other than a few spirited slides around corners it doesn't see much abuse. I want the chip for one reason, to get rid of the lag in throttle response. This chip will do it for half the price of a tune that likely will cause warranty problems. I know a custom tune would be better if I wanted to increase my horespower, but at this point I don't. Honestly, I will probably get a custom tune when my warranty runs out. However, for the time being this will do the job. All I want is the throttle to open when I push the gas pedal. If someone came out with a plug in device for $50 that corrected the throttle response, I would buy it instead.

Is it worth it? I am a convert from the Turbo Buick crowd. Chips for those cars were $25 - $75 for really good ones (please don't lecture me on how different things are between the two ecu's I am well aware of the differences). So really all of this stuff is overpriced as far as I am concerned. So if you don't believe the chip is worth the $200, then don't buy one. But I will because it is exactly what I want at the lowest price.

I understand that because of the sensitivity of the air/fuel mixture in the 05's they require a re-tune for any modifications. I'm planning on installing a CAI on mine. Will the JET module take care of this for me? I'd rather not spend 400$ on a predator and risk losing my warantee. Thanks. :)

if you just install the jet module you will not need a tune because it is calibrated with the correct A/f in mind right out of the box.If you add a CAI though you will still need a tune

I only put in the JET module as a temporary thing until the shaker system comes out .I am planning on getting that unit which will require a tune anyways so then the JET module will be for sale.I already have the predator sitting in wait for the shaker to get installed but the JET did give the car a little more spunk which was all I was looking for in the interim anyways.

...hmm im not to clear on the jetchip,,, once its installed do we need to have it dyno'd and recalibrated or is it a chip that needs no modification once installed// i too just want to get rid of the lag on the car until warranty runs out then ill look into other things.. really want to get something i dont have to take to have dyno'd and tuned since i dont know of any good shops that are trustworthy wit my stang... thanksss.

I've been running the jet module for about a month now and really all it seemed to do was noticeably improve the drive by wire lag when you floor it at speed, and there is a slightly better midrange-topend power....
Its decent if you dont want to do anything else to the car and risk voiding the warrantee but if i could have the 200$ back and put it toward the diablo/CAI when I was ready, i'd probably do that...........

I was under the impression that if you tune using something such as the Predator that you are able to restore the factory settings. Would the dealership still be able to see that you tampered with the computer or does this fix the problem. I am just curious since I was thinking about purchasing a Pred and a CAI, but if this will cause me more problems than it is worth then I might rethink what I am doing.

I installed the Jet chip on my auto GT and it has improved the throttle lag and the tranny does seem to shift faster. Overall the car runs a lot smoother. Does it seem like it has more power? I can't answer that question because I was already scared with the power it had :)