just bought new motor!! but have ?'s

mustanglouie

Dec 30, 2004
Oakwood GA
I haven't really posted alot on here but have been around for awhile. I have come to find out that there are some pretty smart people on here that know there mustang stuff. I have just bought a used rebuilt motor from Dugan-Racing here are the specs
302 with gt40p heads
cobra intake
65mm throttle body
24lbs injectors
E303 cam
Mac shorty headers
cold air intake
I think that is it but the question that I have is do yall think that I could out run a stock cobra?
My brother has one and I love how powerful it is. I know it is all about the driver but I mean in all actuallity would I have the power to beat him or at least run with him.
thanks
louie

• Sponsors (?)

well, with the heads and intake, you are basically going to have a 94-95 cobra with a bit more umph. i dont think the extra will be enough to compensate for the fairly large hp difference between the 94-95 cobra and the 96-98 dohc 4.6 though unless your brother really isnt a good driver. keep us posted on how it turns out. on a side note, how are you compensating for the 24lb injectors? i am curious since i didnt see a j4j1 eec, chip, or aftermarket mass air meter in your list and wasnt sure if that was something you overlooked.

Green 94 5.0 said:
well, with the heads and intake, you are basically going to have a 94-95 cobra with a bit more umph. i dont think the extra will be enough to compensate for the fairly large hp difference between the 94-95 cobra and the 96-98 dohc 4.6 though unless your brother really isnt a good driver. keep us posted on how it turns out. on a side note, how are you compensating for the 24lb injectors? i am curious since i didnt see a j4j1 eec, chip, or aftermarket mass air meter in your list and wasnt sure if that was something you overlooked.
I really haven't thought about all that stuff yet. I know that it is all important but I just don't have the money to upgrade just yet.