42lbs inj
410 rear
anderson down pipe
msd
stock intake and heads
stock manifolds
basani no cats
255lph in tank

i think i need to do headers for sure then go heads, intake?

thanks for any input!!

andy

• Sponsors (?)

missouri_guy197 said:
That's really not that great...I dynoed 300rwhp with just bolt ons...Sounds like you need a custom tune...with 8psi you should be up closer to 380-400rwhp...

Was this done on a Mustang dyno or a Dynojet dyno?

+1

?

WEll 305hp is at the motor for one!!! 335 is at rwhp
But I really dont understand where the power loss is

My guy i have the tuning doen by says i really need to get the headers on but he doesnt think it has any power to add.

I really have know clue about this supercharger stuff yet so maybe ill try another dyno shop or something?

thanks for the help

A B

amstaffbair said:
WEll 305hp is at the motor for one!!! 335 is at rwhp
But I really dont understand where the power loss is

My guy i have the tuning doen by says i really need to get the headers on but he doesnt think it has any power to add.

I really have know clue about this supercharger stuff yet so maybe ill try another dyno shop or something?

thanks for the help

A B
If i read what your saying correct your car should have more power at the flywheel than the rear wheels so at the motor your car should be putting out roughly 350 -360ish at the flywheel. But with all the stuff there it should be a higher out put. Find out what Brand of dyno it was. Mustang dyno's show less numbers than say a Dyno jet brand does, maybe thats the problem. Good luck with the hunt for power!

Also confirm the state of 'tune' .... compression check, new belts, fluids etc .....
BASELINE? If these numbers were pulled 'cold' without an idea of how well tuned the car is, that may help out some too.

Either way, as mentioned I'm sure there's still some hp still in it.
:nice:

amstaffbair said:
Hello recently bought 98 cobra
previuos owner was Steve Turner editor of 5.0
mag

Can you tell me if this is good? 334 rwhp

novi 1000 8psi
sean hyland cobra short block
42lbs inj
410 rear
anderson down pipe
msd
stock intake and heads
stock manifolds
basani no cats
255lph in tank

i think i need to do headers for sure then go heads, intake?

thanks for any input!!

andy

That is the old Paxton test mule car. I'm sure it has been flogged to death both by Paxton and Turner.

to put things in perspective, my 97 Cobra with 6lbs of Procharger and a decent fuel system makes 420/435 at the wheels with NO motor work. Of course it doesnt hurt that my tuner is also the guy who tunes the 2006 KOTS champion and Works hand in hand with John Gotera.. It could be the tuner, it could be just plain ole wore out....

THE SHORT BLOCK WAS PUT IN AFTER TURNER HAD IT!!
SO PAXTON RODE IT LIKE A MULE BUT THE CAR ONLY HAS 50000 MILES
SO I DONT THINK THE BOTTOM END IS AT FAULT
IM TAKING IT TO KAUFFMANS IN DILLSBURG PA TO GET ANOTHER DYNPO RUN ON A DYNO JET MACHINE ILL.

HEADERS AND NOVI 2000 IS ON THE WAY!!

ANDY