Just purchased Mac Longtube Headers and H-pipe

GM Dude

Jan 15, 2004
Sanford, MI
Well I went ahead and purchased mac's longtube headers and h-pipe for my car. They won't be going on right away when I receive them due to budget constraints, but eventually I'll probably get a pair of flowmaster 40's* or something, and then I need to get the MIL Eliminators. *Unless someone knows of louder mufflers, without raspiness, but also makes my car sound Nasty (as In built v8)

Headers, off-road h-pipe, and shipping, $426 total.

I know people have mentioned that "Unless your pushing 300 hp, you don't need headers" well I'm still going for the sound too, I want the roar of a V8 from my little V6, and I believe my combo should work (Mustangexhaust.com soundclips, the bloody cars sound like built monsters with longtube's and flowmaster 40's). Probably a 20 -25 hp gain or thereabouts I hope, it'll help cause my car is also California Emissions (Note: I live in Michigan, and we have no emissions testing)

Whatcha Think?

• Sponsors (?)

Super 40's, alright. Anything I should know about when I do manage to install these? What else can I do, to boost my power? I do want more torque, I know my free flowing exhaust idea, will probably kill it some, but I think the factories idea of torque sucks. I want the car moving off the line, and I want this car as fast as heck, while still getting the same gas mileage when I'm not running hard? What should I all do?

if you got with flowmaster 40's see if anyone has a special on them cause usually shops will sell olds ones for cheap, the same for super 40's. Super 40's are really really loud, and they're really really cool. However 2 will cost you around $120, but it's well worth the money. If you don't wanna spend that much, look for used ones on ebay or so. :nice: