Just Rear-ended...I think she's totalled :-(

• Sponsors (?)

I'm really sorry to read about this and I hope you're okay. Make sure to listen to your back and neck for the next few weeks. Sometimes symptoms don't show up right away after something like this.

On the plus side, since the accident is the other person's fault, you're in the driver's seat with the insurance company. Come armed with every receipt you can find for parts and work done to your car, pictures, car show trophies, whatever. Anything to show that your car isn't "just a used car". You should be able to come out all right on the financial end.

Good luck.

Sorry man, like said above, get everything together to show insurance. Heres another hint, WRITE A PERSONAL LETTER TO YOUR APPRAISER.

Have it ready to send right after he/she looks at the car, it may have a big affect on their decision, I believe someone else on this forum did the very same thing and got more money than expected for their car.

obviously, i havent seen pics of how bad the damage it, but they may just end up either fixing it or giving you enough to be able to fix it without spending too much of your own money, espically if they go by market value instead of blue book (something you should tell the appraisors). mine was just totaled this week, they originally wanted to give me 3200 for the car (before they took some off for hail and the salvage), but after sending in some receipts and showing that similar cars around here are going for much more than that, i was able to get them to give me close to 3900 (last i heard they estimated about 3800 in damage), and after buying it back theyre sending a check for 3653 (and i bought it for 3500).

sucks to hear about the car though, hopefully things will work out for ya.

Yeah, it's just hitting me know about the countless hours, broken knucles , and high credit card payments I've ad to go through.
Be defensive out there guys...the only one looking out for you and your baby is the man behind her wheel......

Wow man...so sorry to hear what happened. I'd be seriously depressed if something like that happened to my car. It sucks when someones carelessness takes away your pride and joy.
Looks like you need to find a new project car...