Just stopping by for a visit.

Dan'l

Founding Member
Aug 2, 2001
wisconsin
Computer troubles, and life in general has kept me away for a while. The 91 is getting parted finally. After 206,000 enjoyable miles, I gotta open her up and see what's left. Original clutch...gotta see it......2.3dp with 30,000 miles since .060 mill job, gotta see the pistons...still starts, runs strong,deserves a rest. Body left long ago. 89 project may even see daylight by spring....32 willy's finally comfortably resting in it's own shed...waiting for the spare time fairy to show up. Hope to finish the 2.3t on the engine stand by spring,....picked up a 1948 john deere B again,...sort of got side tracked. Hope to drop in here more often, nice to see a few old faces keeping order in these parts (stinger, 351, ect) It's great to see you guys still committed to the project. If pics.avail, will post, else descriptions will have to do.....Later, Dan'l

• Sponsors (?)

Hi Dan, Long time no see. I'm not around here a whole lot either, but i do occasionally stop by. Your old turbo coupe engine is resting comfortably in my engine bay. Had a couple of bumps, but the car has never left me stranded, and its alot of fun to drive. However do to a winter wreck last year the car has been removed from daily driver duties. I have resorted to driving a Honda to work and back. But you should continue with the 89 and throw a turbo in it. Its worth it. I think the willys would benefit from a 2.3t as well. :nice: Dont be a stranger.... And post up some pics of your current projects.

Dr.

Just got the parts back tonight, I'll measure the clutch later or have my son post pics over vaca., but at 206,000 miles the original clutch had much left. The .060 mill on the dp head showed a little detonation in the #4cyl. I'll also see if paul can post pics. The 89 body still awaits. Have tc motor @ 1/2 done, sitting on stand, Not looking for ultimate hp, what if I bumped the compression(or dumped the compression) to run bio fuels. I know it's a little off the wall, but I'm getting tired of being part of the problem. The 91 showed me about how far the factory computer would compensate, anyone already do homework on this line of thinking?