k&n replacement

SilverBullet99

Feb 19, 2004
hey all,
i was recently going to purchase a cold air intake for my stang, but i wasnt sure if the power they SAY it puts out is actually true. my friend has a stang and he got no noticeable gain from his CAI, not to mention it also hurt his mpg. so i thought instead i'd buy a k&n megnaflow air replacement filter first, just to see what it did. it was only 50 bucs anyway, so it was worth a shot. i installed it in the filter box and took off the rubber air restriction tube as well (strongly suggest taking it off). I have to tell ya, there was no major gain in power, but my accleration was noticebly quicker. they say the k&n's add 7hp to v6 stangs, and i no i didnt get that, but i still noticed alittle change. i donno how accurate i am, but i think it probably gave me everything a CAI would except for the sound, plus it IMPROVED my gas mileage. does anyone else have a k&n filter like mine. i was just mentioning this for anyone who was curious about these filters.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a big ol' beautiful k&n filter slapped on my k&n intake. It was like $200 i believe for the kit with filter and recharger kit and s/h. I noticed a difference. About .7 of a sec in quarter mi. (this is also because i became better track driver, and took out headlight :nice: ; so id say at least a .3 - .5 sec diff typically)

One major advantage in buying the full kit, is that you relocate your air sensor so that it is right behind your filter. Here's a basic concept link http://knfilters.com/FIPK/fipk.htm. I'll try to get some pics up soon : )