Kenwood DDX7015 install -- HELP!!!

• Sponsors (?)

The DDX7015 is the video unit, correct? If so then it's a double din unit and if your putting it in your 04 stallion, there's no way it will fit. The biggest possible opening you would ever be able to use in a Stang would be 1.5 din without major modification to the dash board. Usually only a single din unit will fit.

No, the stock head unit is double DIN and so is the DDX7015. It fits in there just fine. It's just that the mount and frame need to be custom fitted. Argh. I may just take it to a car stereo shop and have it installed. I wired all the speakers and such myself.

Ok, I haven't personally seen a Mustang with a double DIN opening yet. You'll end up "iso-mounting" it. Find something, anything inside the opening that you can get the cage or Kenwood mounting brackets to stick to. Screws, hot glue, what ever works. It's out of sight so nobody except you will know what's behind it. If your still having problems coming up with thoughts as to how to mount it, check with some of your local installation shops. They may have some bracketing that you can use to help keep it in there or can xplain exactly how to create a bracket for it and show you the materials you will need.