Learned a valuable lesson yesterday...

Car interiors are very flamamble. I learned this a little late though:bang: :bang: :bang:

I was welding up my torque boxes last night. I took out the rear seat (just the bottom) and pulled back the insulation. I was welding away when my fuel pump came on. I recently converted to carb so its an aftermarket electric pump on a dedicated relay. My battery is in the trunk switched off so the fuel pump comming on was strange.

I jump up, only to see smoke billowing out of the car. I grab the fire extinguiser and spray it out. I dont know how to post pics but I have one on my phone. Any ways...burned up the rear driver side seat, melted the seatbelt, melted the trim panel and burned through some of my wiring.

So, when welding torque boxes...always have a friend watching for fires:bang: :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

If my fuel pump hadnt turned on it would have been alot worse. I was just welding away...they look damn good too...too bad my interior burnt...at least I can leave at 7,000 rpm on my slicks and not worry about taking out the torque boxes