Looking at 2010 GT 5 Speed...

ok, after months of looking at different cars, i can't get away from the styling of the new mustangs. so i am in the works now of purchasing one for my wife's daily driver, and my weekend toy. i am looking at the standard gt 5 speed with the only option being the 3.73 gear track pack, which is only a $495 option. not too shabby. so here's my question. does anybody know (or are you running) if anybody makes drag wheels for these new cars yet? i will be running them on the weekends. i tried to look up Greg Welds' website, but it is not working at the moment. what about Bogart wheels, will they work? also, what size tires will fit? i hope someone on here already has tried this out and can give me some insight?! pics would be nice too. let me know, thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Just to clarify - you need to opt for the GT Premium in order to get the 3.73 option. If you get the GT Deluxe you will not be able to do that, unless you buy it bare bones and do the gearing and reprogramming yourself.

ok, after months of looking at different cars, i can't get away from the styling of the new mustangs. so i am in the works now of purchasing one for my wife's daily driver, and my weekend toy. i am looking at the standard gt 5 speed with the only option being the 3.73 gear track pack, which is only a $495 option. not too shabby. so here's my question. does anybody know (or are you running) if anybody makes drag wheels for these new cars yet? i will be running them on the weekends. i tried to look up Greg Welds' website, but it is not working at the moment. what about Bogart wheels, will they work? also, what size tires will fit? i hope someone on here already has tried this out and can give me some insight?! pics would be nice too. let me know, thanks!

The 3.73 gears are included with the Track Pack, but they are NOT what the Track Pack is. The Track Pack includes a sport suspension which include some parts from the Shelby GT500 suspension such as the swaybars, and larger brakes. The Track Pack lists for $1530, I believe.

Just to clarify - you need to opt for the GT Premium in order to get the 3.73 option. If you get the GT Deluxe you will not be able to do that, unless you buy it bare bones and do the gearing and reprogramming yourself.

The 3.73s can be had with the Deluxe, but the Track Pack can not. The Track Pack isn't listed on Ford's site as of yet, but it became available on August 3rd.

The Track Pack can only be had on the Premium models through dealerships.

I spoke with a dealer last week and told him I didn't want all the bells and whistles, and only wanted a Deluxe, but I also wanted the Track Pack, plus a stripe, and possibly upgraded wheels. He told me, "That combination isn't available on the Deluxe, but we can make it happen if you order one factory-direct." I was also told that I could get an even better price by ordering direct because of less dealer involvement, and because of that, higher costs aren't passed on to the buyer. I'm not sure how much of that statement rings true, but that is what I was told.

When I get my Mustang, I want the lightest possible car with the largest host of performance goodies available; it's all about performance. My Mustang will not be a daily driver, so I'm not worried about being coddled in luxury.

The Track Pack is not 3.73 gears. 3.55s or 3.73s are included in the Track Pack, but the Track Pack itself is a suspension/brake package. The suspension utilizes parts from the GT500 such as sway bars, and the brakes are larger.

The 3.73s can be had with the Deluxe, but the Track Pack can not. The Track Pack isn't listed on Ford's site as of yet, but it became available on August 3rd.

The Track Pack can only be had on the Premium models through dealerships.

I spoke with a dealer last week and told him I didn't want all the bells and whistles, and only wanted a Deluxe, but I also wanted the Track Pack, plus a stripe, and possibly upgraded wheels. He told me, "That combination isn't available on the Deluxe, but we can make it happen if you order one factory-direct." I was also told that I could get an even better price by ordering direct because of less dealer involvement, and because of that, higher costs aren't passed on to the buyer. I'm not sure how much of that statement rings true, but that is what I was told.

When I get my Mustang, I want the lightest possible car with the largest host of performance goodies available; it's all about performance. My Mustang will not be a daily driver, so I'm not worried about being coddled in luxury.

i was told today i would have order one too. because even though the deluxe GT shows on FordVehicles website to be available with the 3.73 gear package for $495, there isn't one around me to be had. so i don't know if i will order one, or wait for the hyped up 2011 model that is "supposed" to have a 5.0 and 400hp. time will tell. but i can certainly wait another year. i haven't had a mustang since december 2007, so what's one more year. plus it gives me time to save up for more options...

Good plan, if you can wait, id say wait. If Ford Launches the new 5.0...im sure itll be worth it.

I'm sure it will be, for the people who don't want to do a whole lot of mods right away. Parts I'm sure will be expensive and I think it's going to be a few years before parts for the new engine become readily available and less expensive. Same thing happened with my 05, I bought all my mods in the first year and sure as hell paid dearly for it. Now those same parts are 1/3 less in price just a few years later. For me...I'll be going FI within the year, just havent decided on the supercharger. We all know how the 4.6 holds up to blowers and it'll get me above the 400hp mark. When I want a 5.0 I'll go buy a 50th anniversary Mustang when all the kinks are problems are worked out. The 4.6 is an old engine but it's tried and true, so for now I'll trust modding it and wait on the new engine, possibly for the next refresh. I don't see the 5.0 going into the standard GT anyway, I see it for special editions...Mach 1, Boss, etc. Which will all be sweet and I'm sure give the SS Camaro a run for it's money.

Yeah, the aftermarket for the new camaros is crazy expensive right now. Im not kidding, I bought a pair of 1 3/4 polished stainless steel headers brand new for 167.00 dollars for my 02 SS..... Havent installed them yet but theres NO way I could pass on that. Anyway I also believe the 5.0 will launch with a Special Edition Mustang, just for cost purposes. I hope thats wrong, but I doubt it.

i was told today i would have order one too. because even though the deluxe GT shows on FordVehicles website to be available with the 3.73 gear package for $495, there isn't one around me to be had.

Here's a new, Torch Red 2010 GT Deluxe with manual trans and 3.73 axle pkg (and no additional options) available today for $25,450 after factory rebate....

Click here for pics & sale price.

Click here to see factory window sticker.

1ZVBP8CH0A5115090_1.JPG

Can you order a convertible 5 speed with an upgraded axle package?

Attachments

• 6133_1196555077762_1345034778_539935_3022722_s.jpg
    6133_1196555077762_1345034778_539935_3022722_s.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 220
  • 6133_1196555117763_1345034778_539936_2338052_s.jpg
    6133_1196555117763_1345034778_539936_2338052_s.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 214
pics

Can i add it now that i have the car?

Attachments

• 6133_1196555917783_1345034778_539955_7280895_s.jpg
    6133_1196555917783_1345034778_539955_7280895_s.jpg