Looking for South Caroliner Stangers!

Ozz

I think I have a problem here.
Founding Member
Jul 27, 2001
Canton, MI
My girlfriend and I are looking at S.C. for a possible place to move in the near future, so I wanna get some words of wisdom on where to look, where not to look, what's good, what's bad, all that stuff.

We're so far liking the following areas: Greenville area, Rock Hill, Fort Mill, Columbia area. For the two major cities we'd most likely look for a place in the outer limits in a nice little town rather than be in the huge mix of things.

Just looking for any kinda views I can get, we won't be able to make a trip out there to see for ourselves for quite a while!

Thanks in advance :nice:

Oh - I'm posting here because I know lots of people come to 5.0 Talk ONLY.

• Sponsors (?)

Looks nice from what we've seen online so far. And from what I've heard too.

Are there any cities/towns in that metro area I should stay away from?

I dont know how it is up there, but something to keep in mind is:

When i first moved to louisiana, i lived in the dorms, talked to alot of people on base, and noticed that as long as you live decently close to an air force base, your property value usually goes up and there is always a demand so the houses sell quick if you decide to move. :shrug:

That's cool.

FWIW I know enough about the weather and don't care about how hot/humid it gets. Nothin' new to me, Mass. has the same, and I'd really rather have more of that and less of sub-zero winters ;)

back from the dead.

we're going to visit in a couple months to try to take in as much as we can. Looking at Rock Hill, Fort Mill, Greenville. All seem to be what we're looking for, but one thing I'm having trouble finding online is where all the restaurants, stores, shops, theaters, etc. are. FM kinda looks (again, from what I can see online so far) that it spreads far enough that you could either be near or far away from everything I just mentioned. Rock Hill seems to have more of that stuff in the area. Truth to either of those? Hate to have to drive 20 min. to hit the grocery store, go out to dinner, or grab some Quizno's or something. We don't want to live in a greatly bustlin' city but we don't want to live out in the sticks either.