Lower Control Bars?

jthubert

Sep 20, 2011
Okay I sorta want some more power in my V6 05 Coupe, so I was wandering the forums and I saw someone say that if you want more power in a V6 one of the best things you can do is replace the lower control bars...and I have no idea how that would give me more power..? I thought the control bars were part of the suspension? Help!? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Okay I sorta want some more power in my V6 05 Coupe, so I was wandering the forums and I saw someone say that if you want more power in a V6 one of the best things you can do is replace the lower control bars...and I have no idea how that would give me more power..? I thought the control bars were part of the suspension? Help!? :shrug:

Lower Control Arms don't give you more power. People recommend lower control arms as an upgrade because the factory arms have soft rubber bushings and they don't work well. If you buy a tubular chrome-moly arm with polyurethane bushings, it'll be much stronger than stock, the bushings will add traction in corners and in a straight line, and if your car wheel hops (manual trans S197s usually do) the LCAs will almost completely eliminate the wheel hop. (when used WITH the upgraded upper control arm, they DO eliminate wheel hop)

If you swing by the vendor's forum, we can show you the Stangnet discount on control arms such as these. :nice: