lowering a bit?

ok guys, i've been building from the ground up a 76 cobra II, now here in lies the problem, i've bought some wheels and tires at a wrecking yard for 35$ a piece, and they look great, but the problem is;
when turning the tires scrape the inside of the fenders and wheelwells, would low profile tires in the front and 2" blocks in the back that lower the car be sufficient to solve the problem?

• Sponsors (?)

no they only hit the back part of the fender, after i checked. they are enkei 14" 4 lug rims, i'll get pics soon.
the rims arent the problem, the tires are the only problem, what im asking is if i got low profile tires on the front and then put 2" blocks on the back to drop the back if that'd work better?

pntbllchaos8 said:
no they only hit the back part of the fender, after i checked. they are enkei 14" 4 lug rims, i'll get pics soon.
the rims arent the problem, the tires are the only problem, what im asking is if i got low profile tires on the front and then put 2" blocks on the back to drop the back if that'd work better?

how about the tire size you are trying to use?? what size are they??
does it only rub on one side?? or both?
do they only rub when driving and turning or does it happen in the
driveway at a standstill? full turn?
from my experience with enkei rims, if their the mesh ones im thinking about,
you probably have a 6-7 in wide rim and if your using 225-60-14 they are
probably to big.. dropping the rear 2 in will do nothing for the front tire scrub. u could also have suspension problems (weak or worn parts)...
how about giving us a tire size LOL :rolleyes:

Dropping the rear would take some weight off the front but it would be miniscule. If it is on the right side (rub) It could be worn parts and alignment issues. I put 33" X 12.50's on my explorer and they rubbed till I had it aligned. The caster on the right needs to be moved as far forward as specs will allow. This is where you need a good alignment man. Tires should probably make a difference because I am running 16" rims without any issues.