Mach 460 amp problem

LadyGodiva

Jan 1, 2004
DOver, AFB
I'm new at the forum but getting desperate for help. I have a 2000 Mustang that has a draw problem. If I don't drive it within 24 hours, the car goes dead. I took it to a Ford dealership (whole other story) and they said it was one of the amps but wouldn't tell me which one unless I paid them more money. Anywho, my husband and I beleive we have determined the bad amp by doing a draw test (light test). It's the rear amp on the passenger side.

My question, I went to Ebay and found a back amp from a 2003 cobra mach 460. Are the amps in the back different from one another??? Will any mach460 amp work? (I have the mach 460 system also)

My husband and I are in the Air Force and just got orders to Germany. I gotta sell the car so putting in aftermarket isn't gonna fly.

ANy help would possibly keep my husband from sending me to the looney bin! In short...the car is driving me nuts.

Thanks a million

• Sponsors (?)

Thank you so much!!!

I have one more very stupid question.

I have a convertible so my amps sit on the trunk floor. When I look at the amps, there is a plug in the front of each. The plugs in the back of each are pretty easy to take out but the front ones??? I'm at a loss. I don't see a release clip or anything. Is there a special trick for disconnecting this?

AGAIN...Thank you so much!

LadyGodiva said:
Thank you so much!!!

I have one more very stupid question.

I have a convertible so my amps sit on the trunk floor. When I look at the amps, there is a plug in the front of each. The plugs in the back of each are pretty easy to take out but the front ones??? I'm at a loss. I don't see a release clip or anything. Is there a special trick for disconnecting this?

AGAIN...Thank you so much!

Both of the wire sets that plug into the amp are released the same way- a small plastic tong/tag/strip that you squeeze. I don't know what a convertible's amp mounting looks like but you might try feeling for, as opposed to looking for the release.