mach 460 stereo help

Discussion in 'Mustang Sound & Shine All' started by 4.6boy, Oct 6, 2010.

1. 4.6boy

4.6boy New Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
  2. 2BADSTANGS

2BADSTANGS New Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Go to metraonline.com and punch in your info, they'll tell you exactly what you need.

3. Dudepappy

Dudepappy New Member

I have a 2003 Mustang Conv with the Mach 460 sound system. I recently installed a JVC KW-XR810 2 DIN CD Receiver in replace of the stock HU. I have been in a battle with this engine noise in the front door speakers only for 2 months now. I have upgraded all the ground wires and it will go away for maybe 3 to 4 days and then right back. It actually cuts the front door speakers out almost completely. I have swapt amps front to rear and makes no difference I still get noise in the front door speakers. I have swapt the RCA's around on the back of the HU and still only get noise from the front. So I have ruled out the HU, AMP and I think the ground so wtf else could it be? Maybe the door speaker wire is touching ground? I need help

4. FobraR

FobraR Member

Check the sticky at the top of sound forum for a good guide. It is, for the most part, accurate enough to get you through the install.

5. Dudepappy

Dudepappy New Member

Just as an update!

Before you go through all the crap I did, check the wire connection behind the driver kick panel! This was the culprit in my issue! WOW! What a nightmare but glad I found it.