Make My V-6 Fun Again

Lynx331

Jan 5, 2004
Chicago IL
I need some ideas. My car isn't really fun to drive anymore. I really want a v-8 stick shift, but financially thats not an option. Right now me and my dad are restoring a 67 mustang, and i would like to have money to put into that. I really really would like to have a v-8 right now, and i've considered many times selling mine and using that money to buy a v-8, but then that car won't be as nice as mine is. I was thinking just maybe putting a stick shift in mine, ( mine is sadly... a slushbox..... :bang: ) and i was thinking maybe that would make it a fun car to drive until the end of this year when the 67 should be done. i dunno any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

put a B&M shift kit in it and 3.73 gears with a t-lok and maybe a 75 shot of the giggles. it will make your car real fun to drive and be less than 1300 bucks for everything

the shift kit make a world of difference on the automatic

yea thats what i was thinkin, but i was actually thinkin about getting a turbo becuase it wont be running unless i break 3,000. But with a turbo, don't i need to change my pistons and with a supercharger i don't have to? i heard that somewhere

98CobraClone said:
http://www.need-4-speed.com/V6 Performance Corner.htm

they have turbo kits for $3699.99 for 1996-2003 Stangs. Great customer service/quick shipping, they sold me my AFPR and procharger setup

Actually no they don't you see pro-turbo doesn't make that kit anymore. Seeing how as they found that there welds, piping, and tune were horrible. Oh and there test car blew up. So unfortunatly there is no turbo kit out there for us sixers, too bad too because if there were no one would buy superchargers, unless you go custom like ustin at velocity mustang performance.

will it help alot or no? Im just looking for a cheaper way to step up my outta the hole, withought getting a s/c becuase i can't afford one. Me and my dad would install it ourselves or i would install it in my autoshop

Lynx331 said:
will it help alot or no? Im just looking for a cheaper way to step up my outta the hole, withought getting a s/c becuase i can't afford one. Me and my dad would install it ourselves or i would install it in my autoshop

Like I said yes it will help. However if you haven't done gears and t-lok I would do that first.

cuban3jumper said:
You don't need to change pistons with a turbo. But you will need to have a system custom made. No one makes turbo kits for the v6 mustang.

IMO, that's b/c Mustangs were not meant to be turbo charged. Supercharge it man, it's easier. I'd buy a S/C for my 03 if I wasn't such a broke a$$. :nonono: Although, if you sink that kind of money into your car, I'd say you better keep it and drive it until the wheels fall off. Then get some new wheels and KEEP driving it b/c you aren't ever going to get that kind of money back out of it. You could just have patience and wait until the resto is done on your old Stang. That way you could have some extra spending cash for that one if you wanted. It's up to you. Congrats on owning the old-school Stangs. The old models rock. :nice: My fav. Mustang is the old school Mach 1, blue with black stripes. :drool: However, I will admit that I'd much rather have a foxbody 5.0 than my current ride b/c I think they look alot better. I know that that was :OT: , but I just thought I'd share. :D

T-lok is just Ford's word for Posi that's all. And actually it would be cheaper to go turbo if you could do it yourself. And any engine that can be supercharged can be turbocharged. Seriously turbos are just more efficient.

Oh and if you have an auto 4.10 gears for a 5-speed 3.73's. Don't fear the gear baby.

tlok and gears is a huge improvement for acceleration, especially from a dig. as a rule most people go with 3.73's if its a 5 speed or 4.10s if its an auto. This will give you the best balance for driving on the highway and a bit better takeoff power. And if you got an 8.8inch rear with the gears and tlok, throw on some slicks and you'll be taking off like a mofo.