Master Cylinder Progress

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
I picked up this MC for $54 from Pep Boys.

1. to polish it before installing it.
2. to get the nice white clean reservoir.

Got the rough casting and first few sanding grits done today. Will post pics when Im done.

RC

1649527MasterCylinder4.jpg

1649529MasterCylinder3.jpg

1649530MasterCylinder2.jpg

Attachments

• 1649527MasterCylinder4.jpg
    1649527MasterCylinder4.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Sponsors (?)

donkey_punch said:
man is that going to turn out nice.

you have to do a polishing how-to thread. i want to pull parts out of my engine bay & polish them. but don't know what to use or what steps and products to use.

Actually, I have sent a lot of mine out to do them.. NOT because I cant, but because I can work just ONE day at work, and pay for several parts to be polished by a pro. IT would take me for the same parts a few days...You canNOT be impatient when doing this.

Here is the FIRST link I read to get started a couple of years ago.

http://darkside351.tripod.com/mustang50world/id19.html

You DEFINITELY need the tripoli, white rouge, a dremel and an electric drill with a 3 or 4" TIGHTLY sewn wheel and buff wheel.

GOOD LUCK

RC

Low-5.0 said:
Looks good! :nice: I just painted mine. It's not as "bling", but it was a whole lot easier than polishing.]

Thanks for that pic...nice and easy to see.

I have the extra MC now, so If I put this one in and it starts to dull easily, Ill paint the one on there now when it comes off.

Anyone interested in buying my stocker, let me know...if not, Ill just paint it.

RC

RC, did the $54 include a core charge? Include the resevoir too?

BTW, I did this to my stocker once, had the thing polished to chrome, only to find out I got ONE freakin speck of something in the little port and screwed the seal up.. Tape and block thoe ports off REAL good!

OinkAodeOink said:
RC, did the $54 include a core charge? Include the resevoir too?

BTW, I did this to my stocker once, had the thing polished to chrome, only to find out I got ONE freakin speck of something in the little port and screwed the seal up.. Tape and block thoe ports off REAL good!

Too late...already been doing it without taping it up :lol:

$54 after the $15 core....YES...includes the reservoir.

Manson: Been waiting for you to reply...I tried to AIM you, and you werent around.

Mike: I dont know about polished to chrome, But Ill get it there... I took the seals off and frequently spray with air.

RC