Max Wheel Width???

YelloMP5

May 4, 2005
Houston, TX
Somebody told me that you couldnt put as wide a wheel on the 05+ Mustang. Is this true, and does anybody know what the max wheel width is?? I want to put a 18x9 on, but I dont want to order them until I know they will fit!

• Sponsors (?)

I have 05 mustang V6 and I took the factory 215/65/16 off and put a set of BFG KDWS 255/50/17 on 17x9.5 american racing torquetrust rims and all that had to me done was a little grinding of the frod logos on the brake calipers. This was not a big to me to get the tires and rims i wanted...

YelloMP5 said:
Somebody told me that you couldnt put as wide a wheel on the 05+ Mustang. Is this true ?!

yes! Do we have to explain why?

chevy-truck-lowrider.jpg

people have put 10" rims on their cars, you have to find the right wheels. some designs make the wheel hit the calipers with the same offset as other wheels that have a different spoke design.some wheels have needed spacers, to clear the caliper due to the curvature of the spokes.

Like Bigcat said you can go larger, you just need to know if the wheel design will hit the caliper. There are plenty of companies out there that sell wheels specifically for the 05 and up mustang. Just look through 5.0 or Muscle Mustangs and FF mags.
Saleen's wheel upgrade are 20x9's and 20x10's in the rear (stock rear) calipers no grinding so...