Megasquit

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by roworld, Jan 25, 2012.

1. roworld

roworld Member

Has anyone here use megasquit on a n/a fox build. Im about to do a mild build on my 88 gt and I was wondering is it worth going with megasquit. I plan on going turbo at some point. Im still running a speed density eec. Would it make more sense just to grap a a9l.
  2. TrophyHead

TrophyHead Active Member

Subscribing.

I hear stand alone really is the way to go. I already converted to mass air so I'm just grabbing a quarterhorse with be. Once I get a laptop. But I like the idea of getting rid of the mass air sensor and dizzy while your at lol and having a user friendly type of software to deal with. If you don't mind wiring up a harness go megasquirt. Fast is good also from what I read. Big Stuff 3 seems to be used in really really high hp cars for what reason no idea?

Sponsored Ad

3. j0Hn10

j0Hn10 Member

Using megasquirt on my blown 347. Definitely has a learning curve, but it can be adapted to whatever you plan on running. Personally I would recommend seeing what others are using around you, so that you have someone that can help when you need it.
  4. BlownFiveLiter

BlownFiveLiter have car, will race....wait, it doesn't run

Doing a MAF conversion would probably be easier, but either way you're going to want to tune it. Megasquirt is probably going to end up cheaper, since you're not buying a MAF, tuning device (chip, QH, TwEECer, PMS, etc.), plus a laptop for tuning with.
  5. f8tlfiveo

f8tlfiveo My wife likes my spool and blow-off valve.

I don't know about megasquirt, but for the qh and tweecer I go to eectuning.org for tuning help.. The guys on there are pretty good and are willing to help you out.