Melbourne area stangs

• Sponsors (?)

Hee hee hee... It's installed.
ri_installed_1.jpg

ri_installed_2.jpg

Bag,
We all know I'm not exactly the most technically/mechanically profiecent person in the group. As such, I'm going to have to go out on a limb and ask exactly what is in the pictures. I see something from Roush that looks new, and it appears the intake has moved to the back/top of the engine. It looks awesome, but I have no clue waht it is. :shrug:

On a less technical note, I finally got my hood, after waiting about 2 years to ever being able to order it. It's a Cervinis Stalker hood. It's looks to be in great shape, despite the condition of the box it came in :rolleyes: . Regardless, it'll be painted and put on next week, along with my T/A. Pics coming soon. :banana:

erichmess_ said:
Bag,
We all know I'm not exactly the most technically/mechanically profiecent person in the group. As such, I'm going to have to go out on a limb and ask exactly what is in the pictures. I see something from Roush that looks new, and it appears the intake has moved to the back/top of the engine. It looks awesome, but I have no clue waht it is. :shrug:

Well then, let’s see if I can make some sense of it.

This is a picture of the entire roush intake assembly. As you can see, it looks a great deal different than the typical 5.0L intake setup (the GT40, Edelbrock, and Cobra intakes for example).
ri_complete_1.jpg

This is a picture of the entire roush intake installed on the car.
ri_installed_2.jpeg

The red arrow is the throttle body, the green is the MAF, and the purple is the airbox and filter assembly. Stock, the 5.0L motors have basically the same layout as a 4.6L (if you want a comparison). The air filter is on the passenger side fender, the MAF is right behind it, and then the throttle body mounts to the upper intake plenum after a length of rubber hose (and a few air sensors as well).

In the Roush setup, the throttle body, MAF, and air filter are all placed directly over the engine (the TB bolts directly to the rear of the upper feeder tube). This was originally designed to be used with a custom cowl intake hood and the motor got it’s fresh air from the rear opening of it.

Basically, the only changes are where everything is located and how the air enters the combustion chamber. Any questions?

Get some pics of that hood and get 'em posted.

OrLackThereof said:
WOW......I want one. Where do I sign up? :hail2: :hail2:

Start with Ebay for a couple years and keep an eye on all the forum classifieds as well. I've been looking for one for almost three years. I'd find the complete setup on Ebay every now and then but they all went for nearly $1500. I finally got this one off of someone on another forum for substantially less.

baglock1 said:
Start with Ebay for a couple years and keep an eye on all the forum classifieds as well. I've been looking for one for almost three years. I'd find the complete setup on Ebay every now and then but they all went for nearly $1500. I finally got this one off of someone on another forum for substantially less.
How soon before you get that setup dyno'd again? I must say it looks might nice!:nice:

Wolfhound said:
Anybody riding out the sotrm in Brevard?
We're still here. Gas seems to be an big issue around here. I managed to get both cars filled up yesterday, though.

We were supposed to move this weekend, but that's not going to happen. However, we do have the keys to the other house so we can head over there after the storm if we have to. On the upside, most of our stuff is packed up and covered in plastic. The computer goes next.....

Everyone keep safe!