Might be able to get a Mach 1!!!

dkblk67

Jul 14, 2005
Norfolk, NY
I already checked out the vin number but I forgot to get the door tag number.According to the vin it is the real deal.A 1973 Mach 1 sportsroof that came with a 351C with a 4 barrel carb from Dearborn, Michigan.The person that has it said the engine is a 351C but didnt mension if it was numbers matching or not.How can I find out?The car is an auto if that matters.It should be easy to find the block numbers since the intake is off it along with the wires etc.Can anyone tell me how?

Thanks Everyone!
Ron

• Sponsors (?)

The partial VIN on the block on 71-73 Models is on the drivers side of the block just below the head on the back of the motor. There Should be a tag on the tranny attached to one of the servo bolts if it's an automatic and on the top of the transmission near the front of the tailshaft. If it is a manual it should be on a tag passenger side of the tranny. A mach I VIN will have "05" in the 3rd and 4th digits of the VIN and "02" if it is a standard sportsroof. (non Mach I) Hope this helps.:D :flag:

if you dont know for your self if its a 351c the valve covers have 8 bolts holding them on where a 351w has 6. dont let people get to you saying that the 71-73 are crapy big cars. you have to remember that the 1971 351 boss was the fastest factory stock mustang besides shelby's..... the 71-73 are also geting rare because lots of people are looking for the early ones...