MII Blinker Problem

Ok... I am not a electronics expert but I do know my way around a multi-meter. My right side blinks work just fine... but on the left side only the rear works and something really strange is happening in the front.

There are two bottom contacts and one side contact in the blinker bulb housing. During flash, one of the bottom contacts gives a voltage of .2v and the other gives 12 volts. The third, side contact, is the ground (This ground tones out good). Well those numbers match up exactly with the right side of the car that is working. BUT, when I put a bulb in, I get no voltage at all (Yes the same bulb that was working on the other side). So I thought it was the socket so I spliced the wires and soldered them directly to the bulb.. Same deal!!! :bang:

The only thing I can think is that there is a bare wire somewhere and when I attach the bulb, it is easier to jump to ground somewhere else than to beat the resistance of the bulb element???

Any thoughts????

Chad

• Sponsors (?)

75stang302 said:
where exactly are you placeing the positive and negative leads when you do the checks? is it to ground ...across the bulb ...ect.
Most of the time I clip the neg lead to ground with a aligator clip. But I also tried using the ground present in the socket. I even regrounded the socket ground to the frame thinking that maybe it just did not have a good ground. Still no go :(